Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mini Meet

Seems like so many doll related events are happening recently! I'm still not done editing the photostory from the last meet orz;;; On Monday my friend Kim's Crobidoll B-Line arrived and she came over so we could do a box opening. My report of that is in this thread here. Then today, archangeli (Patty) came over to get things from the order as well and so we had a little mini doll meet of sorts at my place. :) Kaede makes an appearance!! Haha sorry if this is disturbing... but he is sitting next to the extra torso that came with Crobi's B-Line body. I've yet to see another company that sends along another torso without the joint bit, but it is very nicely sculpted and I have been given permission to practice blushing/painting it! Also, Kaede is wearing the ear parts I got from Switch a while ago. They are pretty huge, and I'm not quite sure how I want to paint them yet... These set of 4 figures were event gifts for purchasing the B-Line. They are made with cheap plastic and the paint job isn't so great but... I think they look pretty good on display together! Crobi was sure generous with their 2011 winter event. And I notice a few minor changes (like the zippered pillow case, the engraved O-ring, tags with wigs...) from when I got my Jun, just shows they're really growing as a company. ^^ Archangeli brought along Alisanne, her SD16G Daria which I absolutely adore, and Gabrielle, her Volks Dollfie Dream Sister Akira. I wish I had some sort of better looking backdrop than my ugly living room but.. whatever ><;; Kaede is actually near the same height as Alisanne, I was thinking he'd be shorter. The poor tinies come up to the tall ones' kneecaps! Daria... Her face is just so natural and sweet, I can just stare at her all day. *_* And her hands are so lovely, she has nails! Makes me wanna paint them lol! And the brooding B-Line Yuri, named Tatsuya. Dark clothing really brings out the smokiness in his face-up! This guy belongs to Kim. Stole a glance at Louis... Here is a comparison of the extra torso with the tinies, it's quite huge! (Photo credit goes to archangeli) Can't wait to paint it! I'm thinking a huge dragon back-tattoo since he's supposed to be a gang member and all that comes to mind to me is yakuza. XD Myles photo-bombing with Gabrielle. I used to be not too fond of Dollfie Dreams but I love this doll! She's just so cute. And after seeing the inner mechanisms, it's a bit mind-boggling how vinyl dolls are like a whole different ball game compared to resin bjds. After hearing about all the good points of vinyl and actually playing with a DD, I'm highly considering adopting one myself! >o< Lastly, here's a shot of Mishka in the new wig I got from the Crobi order. I know his crazy jrocker wig and glasses tend to make him look kinda freaky. This wig was actually intended for Louis. >< But I like how he looks kinda androgynous here and you can actually see his piercings!!! Thanks archangeli & Kim for dropping by! :) It's awesome to have friends who are in the hobby close by, I consider myself very lucky :D

6 comments:

  1. JEALOUS I WASN'T THERE. GRRR >___<; LOL But if I don't work I can't fund my expensive hobbies..@__@;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEEN MEANING TO ASK, WHAT MAMESHIBAS YOU HAVE LEFT?? I WANT ONE. RAWR!! lol XD

      Delete
    2. LOL.. I have the Sword bean, black bean and tiger beans in my shop but I also have the Green pea, Cocao bean and Cashew nut (didn't list them cause the photos turned out bad ><) :D

      Delete
  2. I love those free figures from Crobidoll. Sadly they didn't sell those separately and I was tempted to order a doll for those figures BUT IT DIDN'T MAKE SENSE TO, LOL! They're so cute though! And little Myles is still as adorable as ever, in elephant outfit no less XD (mind if I ask where you got it?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw well, they're not that great quality-wise ^^; But it would be good to get all four because you can put them together (but then you would've needed to order a B-Line! ><) Thank you!! :D I got the outfit from this shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/poinsettia04 ^^

      Delete