It was shipped about a day after ordering via EMS, and arrived shortly after. I thought I'd get charged customs for sure since AP doesn't mark down the value of their items but no such thing happened! My skirt came in a pink plastic AP shopping bag.
Inside my skirt was carefully wrapped in plastic and attached to a hanger and I received a brand new AP shopping bag, along with a sticker and my invoice.
The color of this skirt was a lot darker and more purple-hued than it looked on the website!! >__< I really liked the style of the skirt though, especially the gold buttons on the front with chains, exudes a military/marching band uniform theme(which makes sense!). Sadly the buttons are made of plastic and not metal like I had hoped, but they're still shiny! I liked the navy colorway best because I could pair it well with gold, ivory and red themed things, but in real life the red bits of the print are more of a wine/dark red color. I didn't take a photo of the back, but it has lace-up navy ribbon with gold trim details and no shirring. The skirt has a side zipper.
The AP lace is so pretty! *o*
The inside is lined! And has a section of thick tulle attached to give it a little poof. My petticoat is actually longer than this skirt! >_< So I think it's alright to wear without one.
A closeup of the print. I was expecting a smooth cotton material but instead the material is very thick, and suitable for winter. It's also very textured, and quite unlike anything I ever owned! I love the print, although the chipmunk looks a little creepy, the bunny is my favourite! There is "Angelic Pretty" written subtly in many areas and what I love most is the faint silhouette of a tent, carousel, clock tower and Ferris wheel in the navy backdrop behind the animals, that gives this print a sort of Circus-like whimsical feel without being too overpowering. I also love the triangle bunting and the checkered floor the animals are on. And of course, the gold tassels along the bottom hem of the dress really ties everything together. All in all, I love this print so much and I'm very happy with it and the customer service from AP. ^__^
The matching Toy March headbow and even the navy ribbon Alice band from AP that I was planning to match with this skirt was sold out when I placed my order and I've been trying to find them to no avail.. T__T So in the mean time I'm trying to look for something navy for my hair... since I have such a limited wardrobe... but I'm working on it!! >__<
Until next time~♪

Wow, they even make their own lace? It's really very pretty even with the AP name on it! ♥ The level of details is just amazing! Good luck finding matching head accessory! Hopefully you'll find the one you want! XD
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope I find it too ^__^♥
DeleteAhhhhh AP!! Look what I've done to you, I love it *__*!! hehe I actually don't own too much from AP... ^_^"
ReplyDeleteI saw Toy March in a Kera mag and I recall it's similar to another print they had...probably with a name that's similar too. Toy parade or something like that?
Good luck finding the matching accessories! I know the pain of scouring sites and auctions to find the items I want to match certain things @_@ I just managed to get the headband for my Alice and the Pirates dress.. :)
WE SHALL HAVE TO PLAN A LOLI MEET SOON!♥
Haha yeah..there is Toy Parade and Toy Fantasy XD but they came in totally different colorways, I guess why I liked this print so much was because it was different from all the chocolate theme and sweet/pastel colors that AP are known for..xD
DeleteSighhs! Lucky you! >__<;; I think I'll just improvise in the mean time lol
A meet would be lovely~! :D♥