Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ardeur de l'amour

Around the time before Halloween, I kept seeing doll owners I follow on Instagram post photos of their tinies wearing this particular outfit. It was a cute sailor outfit with a seal hat and since I love sailor/nautical themed clothes and I have a weakness for animal hats, I knew I had to have it for my dolls too. But I didn't know the maker! Luckily one person mentioned "Ardeur" and I quickly found that it was made by a relatively new Thailand-based doll boutique named Ardeur de l'amour. I had heard of them before on Den of Angels but I didn't know they released those adorable outfits for tinies! They even made bat and pumpkin hats for Halloween, but I didn't see those in time to actually have them for Halloween. :( The regular outfits they release are called "Collections" and the seal outfit was "Collection No.4".

Their website design is beautiful and has a nice enchanting feel to it. It is easy to navigate but since I conducted my order through e-mail I didn't get a chance to use their shopping cart system, and thus there is no record of my order on my account. They ship internationally from their online shop, as well they have a physical walk-in store in Thailand too (that looks so elegant!) They state only EMS is available for international orders, but I e-mailed them asking for registered air mail instead, and they e-mailed me back very promptly and professionally telling me what I had to do to complete my order. Air mail to Canada turned out to be $7.20 USD for the one outfit. I placed my order on Oct 25th, and despite stating on their website that they ship only on Wednesdays, they shipped the next day on the 26th! I received the outfit today on Nov 7th:


Box photo~

 
 Inner box was bubble wrapped.













Very smart and sturdy packaging to prevent any crushing of the hat or wrinkling of the clothes.













Back of the box... the model is a Yo-SD Puff, like my Yukio :D













Here is the outfit~ The anchor print is so cute and the seal hat lol...it's so fat and squishy! Looks just like a plushie XD.. The inside has a butterfly label, which is Ardeur's logo. For some reason I thought the outfit was a shirt + shorts with socks but it's a one-piece with some striped tights. Looks exactly like the site photos :)













The front has snaps which is good because I don't like taking heads off the little ones to change clothes. The sailor collar is removable with a snap at the back and there is a little heart charm sewn to one corner which I thought was a nice touch. The sailor collar is adjustable too by moving the red band holding the ends together.

All in all, I'm very happy and satisfied with my purchase and I look forward to seeing Ardeur's new releases :D The outfit is for Myles but since he was in his chef uniform (was planning to do a photostory) I didn't want to remove it. But I had to at least stuff his head into the seal hat.... ^__^


4 comments:

  1. LOLOL OMGGG MYLES. XD!!!!!

    Omg, it's so cute!! I'm tempted...but I can't spend any more money right now @__@;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :'D ❤
      How come??? Another vacay/lolita haul??!! >__<

      Delete
    2. Yeah... you're right on both accounts. *Shot* LOL Or well, the lolita haul is small. But we're hitting London again next week! O_O!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! Love Myles's last photo! Looking forward to his photostory! :XD: I checked out their website and the outfit is really cute! Wish they had more selection to choose from!

    ReplyDelete