Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

December Mini Meetup

Went to a small doll meetup today at archangeli's place! Since it was a resin-focused meetup my friend Kim brought her two large dolls as well. I brought all of mine (I managed to stuff them all into an MSD sized carrier case >__<") minus Kaede, so sadly he had to miss out on all the fun.


Archangeli's extensive Gloomy Bear collection~!!


Charlie, always ever eager to play!! I'm getting quite fond of him...


...and Bubba, this chubby one! I wanted him to look at the camera so I kinda did weird waving gestures and instead Charlie came running over LOL so I captured his whiskers in this shot by accident, haha xD


This is archangeli's custom KOS-MOS Dollfie Dream, the details and costume are even more amazing in real life. Her process documentation is shown here, if anyone is interested in seeing how she came together!


Machiko arrived with her dolls too and we proceeded to assemble all of them together for a group photo later on. It was such a beautiful day (I don't think the sun has been out since December started!!) and the sun kept moving towards the dolls so we propped up an umbrella to protect the resins... it created a nice pink aura lol.


Break time..pizza for lunch :P


Group photo~ :D so festive!! All the Volks Dollfie Dreams belong to archangeli..and I think I'm starting to recognize and remember each of their names and sculpts :D Seems like there are a lot of dolls but really I'm starting to think there's not that many LOL. I shall introduce them all here!


First is Gabrielle!! My favourite girl because I love her cute ducky face and green eyes. Looking cute as ever in her cozy reindeer costume :) She is a Volks Dollfie Dream Sister Akira.


My minis (Mishka and Louis) hogged the chair next. I dressed my dolls up in winter outfits since I didn't have anything very Christmasy looking.. they look rather warm all squished together >__< Louis is holding archangeli's black cat plushie named Komame, which is the official Volks mascot.


Beside Yukio is Machiko's Volks Yo-SD Kakeru named Sora; the two ladies on the couch are Machiko's Volks SDGr Winter Smile Nono and archangeli's Annalise (holding the teddy), a Volks Dollfie Dream Rise Kujikawa.


Behind the chair (left to right) we have Kim's Luts Super Senior Delf Avalanche named Hajime, who is chilling with Sakura (Volks DD Sakura Matou) and Aerie (Volks DD Airy)


Moving on~ (left to right) we have Melisande (Volks DD Yukino v.2), Volks DD Saber Alter and Saber Lily.


(left to right) The big resin groupie, Alisanne (Volks SD16G Daria), the one with the santa hat is archangeli's newest resin addition to her collection, a Volks SDGou Yukinojo Sawaragi! He is quite handsome! Next to him, looking equally cool, is Kim's Crobidoll B-Line Yuri, named Tatsuya.


I love her outfit & eyes~!


(top row, left to right): Sidonie (Volks DD Saber Extra), Hinata (Volks DD Shino) & bottom row: Rin (Volks DD Rin Tohsaka), Moe (Volks DD Moe v.2)


And in the front, there is Medee (Volks DD HDD-01) and last but not least...


...Serena (Volks DD Yuki Morikawa)! I think we are still missing one.. but phew. Still with me here? xD Haha of course you are! I saved the best for last!!(Just kidding..though, of course I'm very biased xD)


After much photospamming, I took out the big guys. I was particularly interested in how the Volks SDGou's jointing and such worked. Height wise, it's hard to tell since they are all wearing shoes, but it looks around the same size as the Crobidoll B-Line body (though the B-Line is much thicker in the torso). It was too much of a hassle to undress and re-dress them again so I was given permission to mess around with making them pose in different poses with the little ones. They look like elves in comparison, love it!:D


This is one handsome doll, I tell you that! o__o He stands like a rock and poses like a dream... I quite like his faceup, too, and his wig...and well, everything pretty much LOL!


It was fun posing and balancing all the tinies with him... I wonder what they have to tell Santa this year~?? xD Myles looks rather bored though, hahah!

After the sun was off of the dolls, it started getting dark super fast so Kim and I decided to head home. All in all, it was a fun little meetup, thank you archangeli for having us over! :)

Omake:

Until next time~ :'D~

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, that was only a snippet of the collection. ;)

      Delete
  2. My god is that a real fireplace I see there?! I'm so jealous! XD I really love the festive atmosphere of the photos! <3 I spied Machiko's new acquisition too hahaha! She's so sweet! <3 That's really a lot of dolls rofl! @_@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that fireplace is actually not real...it's electric and I saw it light up, it was pretty neat!! :D The more the merrier! ❤

      Delete
  3. So many cuties, loving the second last photo (Myles is all "yeah yeah, we all know you're not Santa so stop it..." XD)

    I've been thinking of using a pair of anime-eyes - similar to the ones Dollfie's have - on one of my big boys (Nino-kun)... Not sure if it will look good or not, so haven't ordered a pair yet. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you!! He does look very bored doesn't he?! XD

      Oh, you should try it! They are really pretty! ^^

      Delete