Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Myles' Birthday & Doujinshi for Sale

I normally don't post about my dolls' birthdays, because most of the time I end up forgetting. They're not real people so I don't buy them presents or bake them cakes or anything like that (...though it would be a fun photostory idea!) but this year I remembered Myles' birthday! I think Myles is special because he was my first and my oldest doll--being three years old today. I did the actual box opening on Dec 7 or 8th, he actually arrived on Dec 3rd but no one was home so I had to go collect him at the post office. I remember it was my first time ordering something from a foreign company so I was super nervous (and excited of course)!


Myles is a white skin Honey Delf Taffy from Luts, and he has yellowed a bit but it's not very noticeable at all. Have to say, Myles is the one that has been on the most adventures with me - he is the doll that I take to meetups and Anime North, and the one that I show to every curious friend and family member who is not in the hobby because he looks cute and relatively harmless! xD


I decided to host a pajama party to celebrate since Kaede was already lounging around in his pj's. Sadly I don't have sleepwear for my minis otherwise they would have joined in on this photo too! So, three years later and I have 5 full dolls plus 1 head (that I might or might not sell, considering how Infinitidoll is closed to all orders at the moment and I don't know when I'll get the body! >__<) Not too bad I don't think! I'm glad I didn't snowball into this hobby like some who gets dolls once every 3 months (though I must admit, it does sound very fun LOL). My doll wishlist is nowhere near complete though, I have a lot more saving up to do, what with my foray into lolita and all. Though I've made it my goal not to buy any more new items and work on getting more workable pieces for my wardrobe and wearing each dress and shoes at least once before getting new ones instead of just hoarding... >__<

I've been cleaning my room and have decided to thin out my doujinshi collection because I'm running out of places to put them. That, and I no longer follow some of the series/fandoms anymore. (On a side note, I'm terribly disappointed that Hitman Reborn has ended...) I've listed my stuff on Ebay here, please take a look if you're interested! I mostly have BL stuff though, so be warned. ^_^"  I might list my other anime goods that I have collected over the years as well.

Lastly, I don't want to jinx myself or anything... but it looks like I am safe from all the bjd company's Christmas events that try to tempt me (so far)! Though, I am not so safe from Taobao... haha >__<

Well, until next time~

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Myles!! <3 The first doll is always the most special one! Though I don't really remember most of their b-days or arrival dates either LOL >w< I did buy a small cake for Daniel's first b-day and anniversary though it was really just an excuse for me to eat it lolol! I love your PJ party shot, feels so homely and heartwarming! Makes you feel like wanting to cuddle up to those cuties! >w<

    Good luck on your doujinshi sales! I know how you feel about running out of space for them. I'll need to start organising my own stuff too once I'm done painting the walls! orz

    Are you getting that chicky costume on TB btw? lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ❤ Haha, I can't resist chicky costumes!! ;)

      Delete