Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Brunch @ DT Bistro

Finally, time for a outing/food post! :D This month has been pretty hectic for me.. with trying to find part time work, running my own research project and the beginnings of merch mass-production for AN. I just went out to see old friends and didn't go anywhere special. But, my friend Jordan and I really wanted to go to Dessert Trends because our friend was raving about it for the longest time.. So we finally decided to go today! Dessert Trends is a wholesaler of desserts across Toronto and caters to special events. They opened up a eat-in cafe downtown in 2005 called DT Bistro and that was where we went!


Very artsy and trendy decor. The walls looked like slabs of marble..?


The inside was a lot smaller than I thought. It was quite busy but we didn't make reservations and got a table of four to ourselves (it was only the two of us). We were seated next to the windows so I was able to get some nice natural light between rays of sunshine for photos :D


Once we sat down we were handed the brunch menu..we wanted to go for afternoon tea and we arrived at around 1~pm, since it didn't say what time afternoon tea started on their website we assumed it was late enough for brunch to be over, but it wasn't yet apparently! But we decided to go for brunch anyway. :D We shared a pot of Royal Earl Grey tea to start.


Jordan ordered the Bistro French Toast with challah, fruit compote and maple syrup.


I ordered the Croque Madame, which is baked brioche with Gruyere cheese, ham, béchamel and fried egg. The egg was the best part :D I didn't know the dish came with salad (I love salad!) Overall it was delicious and very filling!


There were a lot of pastries being sold near the entrance. I think we could have just ordered a dessert and eat it in the cafe...but.. next time! >__< I didn't get any desserts to take home with me because I was still very full. The cakes were priced at $6.50 each and looked gorgeous, especially the carrot cake (the tall orange one). I am normally not a fan of carrot cake (because all I've ever eaten were those typical super sweet supermarket carrot cakes) but I have never seen one that looked so interesting!


They also had macarons...but they looked a little..worse for wear? o.o

Overall, DT Bistro is a cute little place in a quiet area, with great food and service. I definitely want to come back next time and try their desserts!! Afterwards, we walked back to the subway station and along the way there was a little shop called "All Things Japanese" that sold, well, things and trinkets from Japan!


I couldn't resist and bought this mini bamboo mat. Turns out it is actually a coaster, lol. I put some Re-Ment items on it for size comparison. I have always wanted a 1/3 scale bamboo mat like this one, and I am hoping that it will motivate me into making 1/3 scale Japanese foods! *^*

That's all for this post! Thanks Jordan for a lovely day ^__^ It was definitely nice to go out once in a while and take a break from daily life, lol. I'm too much of a hermit, I know. xD;

2 comments:

  1. The sweets do look delicious, though kind of pricey yeah?
    www.kawaiicoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decor, looks very classy! And the pastries are just so cute!! >w< I just can't resist cute cakes and sweets lol!

    ReplyDelete