Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

On MONODEE and floating heads...

MONODEE's Zirbel. Photo by MONODEE

















 Now and then I browse through the company news thread on Den of Angels to check for updates and discount sales. Lately I've been coming across a lot of bjd companies that I have never heard of before, and one being MONODEE. They are a S.Korea-based company that mainly produces wigs. They have gorgeous photos and I instantly fell in love with one of the wig models. Turns out that Monodee has produced a few original sculpts of their own!!

But to my disappointment, they only sell the head! (゜´Д`゜)
I have this rule against hybriding because I always end up selling floating heads I've ever owned because I'm too lazy and never end up getting bodies for them. It's just hard for me to see it as a "complete" doll if it doesn't come well, complete. >__<

But Monodee's Zirbel is really lovely and I keep going back to the website to look at it. T_T The sculpt reminds me of parts of Volks and Luts sculpts mixed together somehow. Anyway, I think it would make an adorable boy and I already have a name picked out and everything...orz.

My InfinitiDoll Joy head on Kaede's body.

















But back to my InfinitiDoll Joy event head... which is an example of the bad luck I've had with floating heads. I've had this head for a few months. At first, I thought I could easily get him an InfinitiDoll body later, meaning I wouldn't have to worry about resin matching issues, but I did not anticipate that the company would close down due to a flood of orders from their 2012 Winter Event. So I tried to sell him on DoA, but he was just not selling!! T_T I decided to just keep him but by now I think I have given up on InfinitiDoll and I'm contemplating a Delf body, but at the same time I am not sure if I should get the body because Joy was an impulse buy for me, and I guess I have fallen out of love with his faceup, as I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, and might consider having it re-done in the future... maybe.

I don't want to start a collection of floating heads... but at the same time I feel like it's going to happen sooner or later, haha... >__<;;;

4 comments:

  1. ROFL, know what you mean about floating heads! I have my collection too but sometimes it's just a waste to keep them body-less. I saw the Mondodee's news on DOA but never checked it out, now I need to check it out! LOL! Are you planning to go ahead with the head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh this now means I have to find a special place for them >__<;; I don't know but Zirbel's definitely on my wishlist!

      Delete
  2. Interesting...I haven't been keeping up to date on anything for the purpose of saving money. What I don't know...I won't spend money on. LOL!!
    I have a couple floating heads too from Luts events...and although I'm not sure what to do with them, I like them for the idea of maybe..in the future I'll use them as face up heads for practicing. O-o;

    I wonder what's the body they put the head on for Zirbel? Then you could always get an idea of what resin would match similarly.

    That being said, that's really annoying/sad that InfinitiDoll closed down! Omg, that must be so frustrating :( All because of an event too? I don' really understand >_<;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep up to date because I just love looking at pretty things. There's a lot of new stuff...but obviously I'm not gonna spend on everything LOL ^^"

      Since I don't do faceups, I'd rather sell them or get them a body so they won't yellow. I don't have a lot of space to keep a collection of heads going. >__<;;

      I don't really understand either! I don't know if they'll ever come back..ah well. I did like the Delf body better anyway, but it's disappointing cause I did like a few of their sculpts too :S

      Delete