I have been hearing lots about Adventure Time and seeing tons of fanart of it so I finally decided to watch a few episodes my friend Jordan recommended to me. It's not so much funny as it is entertaining, but I really like the diversity of the characters. (No idea why I tend to like the characters that seem to have personality disorders and/or appear to be mentally unstable, but I do) And since the episodes are really short at 11min each, it's easy to sit through. I'll admit I was instantly itching to make some fanart of my own as well...
Some work in progress keychains... I really like BMO!! I also made some keychains of LSP (was really shocked when I heard her voice LOL)
I couldn't resist and made a slightly larger 3D BMO plush as well as a tiny brooch. ^^
I should have made the arms and legs 3D and poseable too (ideally) but I was lazy =^=
Lastly, I think the Candy People are all so cute and I wanted to make charms of all of them, haha. I like to challenge myself I guess and love making fanart charms of series with different character variations...starting from Katamari, Angry Birds, Mameshiba... I now want to create a series of Candy People charms!!
To start, I made these three: Peppermint Butler, Candy Magician and a Cupcake Person. They are a little big (keychain-size) but I'm not too confident their arms and legs will hold (even though I reinforced them with wire inside) so they will be funky necklace pendants. I only made these three for now and it took me a while...@_@ It's funny because I posted two WIP videos of these using the Vine app on my ipod, and people left comments like 'can you make me a batch?' and 'i wouldn't mind buying a set!' and I'm thinking, you honestly have NO IDEA how much work is needed to make just these three, let alone a whole set. You are better off buying a plastic figure of the character and making your own accessory... >__< But of course...I like to do things my way. They were fun to paint though so I will be making more hopefully :D
But aside from crafting, you know what I really miss? Buying dolls. Hahahha..the thrill of buying and waiting for a doll and shopping for it was honestly the best part of being in the hobby. That's not to say that I don't love the dolls I currently own, but it does feel a little odd not waiting for any new doll things to arrive. I suppose it's a good thing though. I did make some doll props recently that I took a snapshot of and posted on my other blog, but I will do the full unveiling of them here in due time. ^^
That's all for this post. Have a lovely weekend!~ :)

Those are going to fly off your table! I've been hearing so much about Adventure Time (and seeing it all over tumblr and stuff). I haven't gotten into the series though. ^^;;
ReplyDeleteGood luck with making more con merch! :D
I love those 3D BMO plush! Good luck with the con!! XDD
ReplyDelete