Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

300th blog post + Crafter's Corner!

Hello~! This post marks my 300th, since I started this blog back in 2009! (granted that I don't go back and delete some of my older useless rant posts lol) I don't know why I particularly chose to highlight 300... but considering that I should have noted my blog anniversaries...only I don't 'cause I have no idea when I even started this blog! But it'd probably be around this time of year. I think it was mainly because I wanted to post WIPs and document my merch production for Anime North... and well, now I don't only ramble about that, but I post other things that I take interest in too and this place has become a sort of online diary for me. Thanks for reading up til now. ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Anyways, this post will probably be my last update before Anime North 2013, which is happening.. THIS WEEKEND! Time flies... I've attended this con for 7 years now, since high school! @__@

And...almost half of 2013 has already gone by. Crazy. I honestly have not done much at all! >__< After finishing my research project, I did get a random part time job to bide my time before I go back to school in September for another degree of sorts (hopefully). Also I've been trying to get out of my comfort zones and apply for more conventions outside of Anime North... so that means I will have my hands full in the coming months. For the first time in years I don't have summer school so I want to have a great summer crafting things and also getting out more to enjoy the weather...(and wear cute clothes)














 Aside from that I'm also reading. The power went out today in our area for some scheduled maintenance (so HA tumblr you didn't get the chance to distract me for 5 whole hours) so I had a chance to catch up on some great books my friend Jordan lent to me from the "Wicked" universe series by Gregory Maguire. I finished Wicked a while ago but never had a chance to read the sequel, Son of a Witch and also A Lion Among Men (I hadn't heard of it). I loved Wicked so much (and I ever so badly want to see the musical...) and I'm almost done Son of a Witch. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is a book from the library I had on hold on a whim, one of the blogs I follow was raving about it so I decided to see what the hype was. I only read a few pages and so far nothing spectacular...yet..















 I think this year will probably see some expansion in my lolita wardobe, hahah. I kind of went crazy with the latter of last year. Recently I was able to attain one of my dream items from Angelic Pretty - the pony bag, via secondhand online auction through a shopping service. Sure...it's just a stuffed animal and you really can't use it as a bag since it fits so little so it's just an accessory at best, but it's just...so cute!!! (」゜ロ゜)」 Admittedly, there have been many versions released by AP, and this is not my favourite one, but at this point I don't care anymore as the moment I saw this for sale (it was brand new with tags too) I knew I had to have it. The sucky part was, after I purchased this, another one identical was listed for 2000yen cheaper than what I got it for. T_T And nobody was bidding for it, which made me think that these bags aren't popular anymore!!! I saw the unicorn bags while I was in Japan but...it was huge and the fabric was really fuzzy and looked weird for some reason.. =_=;; I've seen other people convert their plush toys into accessory bags but it's just not the same to me... If possible I'd like to own the version that I fell in love with first from seeing this photo made popular on Deviantart. But overall, I love lavender and pink and I'm happy with it!














The weekend before last I tagged along with my parents to Bayview Village. I guess you could say it was a high end place because there were macarons being sold almost everywhere... along with beautiful (and pricey) little cakes and pastries. I didn't get any, though... instead, I saw some new Ritter Sport chocolate bar flavours at Pusateri's and got them instead. I am posting about these cause I think I blogged about Ritter Sport before. Haven't tried the raspberry one yet but the creme brulee flavour tastes really good! (´∀`)
 















Also cleaned out my makeup case today...gosh compared to other bloggers I follow, I have next to nothing in terms of makeup lol >__< I rarely use the stuff so that's probably why....but I'm trying to make an effort to now. I think I need a new place to put it all so I can see them instead of stuffing everything inside a bag...the Toki Doki brushes are my favourite thing though, if all companies started producing cute stuff like that I'd be in trouble..
















I am thinking of bringing these two munchkins to AN with me, for moral support (lol...since I'll be pretty much on my own this year. I envy those with cosplay groupies who go to cons together >_<) Here's to hoping I will have time to check out the Doll North Doll Market this year and crossing my fingers that all goes well. I've already had like five different nightmares regarding Anime North (ie. arriving late, table layout changed, missed a day, arriving late, table stolen [which almost happened last year *cough*], table empty...etc) The thing is, I'm SO super excited for this year, but every year... on the actual day of the convention when I'm walking on the con grounds and seeing everyone all dressed up, I start hyperventilating and my heart is beating like crazy from the anxiety and nervousness, that is the real truth!!! (ノ´д`)Gosh maybe I need to take some meds to calm my nerves before going...orz (I jest)

I honestly don't know what I'm so anxious about but if I happen to offend anyone, I'm apologizing for it now!! Okay I'm done.

See you at Anime North 2013 in the Crafter's Corner!!!♡(*´∀`*)人(*´∀`*)♡

1 comment: