Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

KuroBasu fanart & current anime watching~

Behold, my inner otaku/fangirl fueled post about the series I've been catching up on recently!!

First and foremost... I've been spazzing over Kuroko no Basuke, if my tweets gave any indication lol. I'm surprised I love this series so much, because I'm usually not a fan of this genre. Sports just bore me to death, in anime/manga and in real life. But there is just something so loveable about the main cast and although the art was a bit weird at first, it got better, and the anime was really nicely done as well. In fact there's going to be a second season and I can't wait!! *^* Anyway, the manga is ridiculous of course in the sense that there are special "moves" created (much like in Prince of Tennis) and I wonder sometimes how can a 40min basketball game last for so many chapters??! But I suppose that because it's fast paced and the characters are all so unique,  is what makes it interesting. At one point I liked Prince of Tennis a lot but the amount of tournaments and schools just dragged on and I was never able to keep up with all the characters... I'm surprised I am able to keep up with KuroBasu but then again, to me it's still relatively new in that there aren't that many chapters yet (no...212 isn't a lot...lol). The tumblr community also helps make the fandom that much more enjoyable (people upload the funniest things!)

Left to Right, Top: Kuroko, Akashi, Kise
Bottom: Aomine, Midorima, Murasakibara
Anyways, I have been wanting to make some fanart character keychains for a while now, only....I got really lazy in the end and just made the heads, lol. Honest, I did want to make the little chibi bodies but it was way too time consuming because I'd have to make all the little details...>_< maybe in the future when I am more motivated...

Some interesting notes while making these: I actually had to make Aomine twice because the first time around he wasn't dark enough. I went with the lighter shade of tan felt that I had and he didn't look right!! I also had to remake Kagami as well because my mom (who knows nothing of anime) saw them all, wanted one and she happened to pick Kagami out of all of them..o.O Lastly, I forgot Kise's earring so I subsequently glued a rhinestone to his ear, though I'm aware he doesn't have a stud...at least he has something shiny there??

I messed up Midorima, his eyes came out too narrow T_T he is actually my favourite after Kuroko, Kagami and Aomine in terms of the character so I feel bad that I messed up his face. Murasakibara is my least fave yet his keychain turned out the cutest imo...Orz. They will all be for sale at Anime North or online afterwards, I really like them but I have no idea if other people will, so assuming that they aren't going to be popular, I only made one of each character (and plus I ran out of cellphone straps lol)

I finished a short anime series called K/K-Project, mostly because I saw this BL doujin of the characters. All I can say is, what a disappointment. It had bishounen but the plot was just so boring and went nowhere, plus the main character was annoying as hell. In the end, the plot did a complete 180 and honestly I'm glad I sped through it as I was doing some sewing while watching this. -_-" The only highlight about this anime were the two side characters, Saruhiko Fushimi and Misaki Yata. I thought Saru's seiyuu did an amazing job (same voice as Light from Death Note, Tamaki from Ouran High) and he is just an overall twisted character...and I tend to like insane characters. Not sure if there is more to their past together, but they make a really dynamic couple since Misaki would be the perfect uke since he's one of those 'fiery' types. But, this is only my BL fangirl mind speaking of course, so please ignore this last bit...(シ_ _)シ

I caught up on Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic but I am still not done the last arc!!? The characters and animation is lovely but I don't know why it's taking me so long to finish... My favourite character so far would have to be Morgiana, closely followed by Sinbad. I find Judar really adorable too for some reason, lol. Alibaba is cute though sometimes he annoys me... I suppose I am looking forward to a good ending!

A new series I started is Karneval. Looks really promising with interesting characters and vibrant animation, but the story/plot is kind of weird. I stopped watching for the moment but I might go back to it. I also started watching the second season of UtaPri, Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000%, and so far I like how new characters are added to the existing cast. Though, I still have no idea how I managed to finish the first season because the plot is starting to bore me, I guess I was captivated by the beautiful art and of course, the opening dance sequence... *(*´∀`*)☆

Source: Wikipedia
Another manga I've been reading is Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan, after recommendation from my friend Kim. I was pretty reluctant on reading this since it looked SUPER scary and I usually don't go reading gore (as you know, I live for bishies and beautiful sparkly art). Well, I ended up reading all of the manga first before watching the anime. I kind of wish I watched the anime first before reading the manga because now, I already know what happens after and it's not as fun...but the animation is...I can't put it into words. I almost want to say that the anime is better than the manga because the art stands out and the animation of the 3D gear is superb and just how I imagined it to be. The anime is better at pacing flashbacks than the manga as well (I had a heard time telling which scenes were flashbacks in the manga...probably because I was clicking too fast because I was dying to find out what happens next). The opening sequence music and animation were beautifully done too. I've also seen some cosplays already of the 3D gear and wow, amazing. o.o! So far the manga seems to be a complete mindf*ck but I look forward to reading more of it nonetheless.


Source: Twitpic
 I've been lurking on tumblr quite a bit and my feed is a mix of cutesy lolita pics, KuroBasu fanart, and Attack on Titan crossovers and memes. It's pretty amazing, I must say lol. I saw this mock movie poster on the left and I just had to share it here because it really took my breath away. Actually, I'm not sure if the movie poster is real or not since they are creating a live-action for this series too. Which is mind-boggling because it'll be like a nightmare come true, haha. I'm sure the effects will be amazing though and I have high expectations!!! So far the author has impressed me with the amount of thought that is put into the mechanics of the 3D gear and other details but there are some rather large loopholes that need some filling at the moment. That's all I'll say for now so as to not give spoilers away but I highly recommend this series! Yes, it looks scary, but at the same time, the irony is what I find most amusing: humanity is on the verge of collapse due to human-eating giants that look like humans themselves. One of the things I like most about this manga is that the characters don't fit into any stereotype and are very real (I guess that's what makes it scary) and this really isn't your typical anime/manga. I have no complaints, but so far my only wish is that Eren, Mikasa and Rivaille don't all die any time soon because I really like them, especially Rivaille. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

I feel like my blog posts are getting longer and longer...I'm sorry. >__<;; 

2 comments:

  1. Kurobasu! :D I don't think I mentioned this to you before, but my favorite out of the miracle gen is Murasakibara, LOL! I have a thing for laid back but talented types. You made him so cute too!

    I haven't heard of any of the other anime series you've watched (aside from Karneval cuz it's josei and I know most shoujo/josei titles), but if they're new, I bet you're going to see some cosplay at AN! XD

    Good luck with the last week of prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^^ Good luck to you too! I'm already done everything since last week since I'm lazy lol but I'm sure you'll be working up til the last minute! xD

      Delete