Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Miniature drink boxes

Finally it's time to properly unveil these 1/3 scale juice boxes I've been working on :D I don't know why....but I've been wanting to design some miniature drinks for a long time and I'm happy I finally got around to it. I had tons of fun drawing the little fruits with crazed expressions and designing the packaging... I'm a total sucker for cute/interesting product packaging in general and designing miniature versions is even more fun. Just another reason why I love the bjd hobby, haha!











 I was going to make 6 flavours but I ended up with only four. They are made from photo paper and the straws are made from paper. I made straw-in and straw-out versions. The straws are glued in place though, so you can't move them. The boxes measure about 3.5cm tall and are appropriate for 1/3 scale (60cm~) ball jointed dolls.












I'll admit, I'm a huge font addict--I love installing fonts onto Photoshop and playing around with them. Luckily I could find a font that has the Japanese katakana so I wouldn't have to butcher the characters myself. I just thought it'd be a nice, er, foreign touch to go with the wacky fruits, lol.











In addition to these, I also made some milk cartons but the photos for them didn't turn out so great, and I was less proud of their designs in general. >_< But they will both be on display and for sale at Anime North. I thought of including these for free with a purchase of a lunch set, but alas...I haven't made those yet, LOL! I've been really slacking in terms of doll props (accessories for humans come first) But, in the future, definitely!! I also thought of selling the patterns for these instead since they are technically just delicate paper shapes... but I don't want that since I worked hard to design and assemble them myself... >__<

















Here Kaede is modelling it. I didn't need to use putty or anything, the box simply fit into his hand and stayed there like it was made for it :'D

















I also made him a necklace with a ring in it, like Kagami's from Kuroko no Basuke, heheh.

I've been spamming my tumblr feeds and Deviantart with previews of what I'll be bringing to AN this year so I shall spare it on the blog. I made lots of new things, but most of it is already packed away, lol. I'm honestly so excited for AN this year! And excited for the Doll North marketplace too since there will be some official vendors from bjd companies in Korea! I won't be a part of the Doll North marketplace myself this year because I felt really rushed last year since the Crafter's Corner and Doll North are in different buildings.. (and I guess it's a good thing because I won't have to deal with being given a table that's shoved into a corner beside the garbage can, LOL -.-;;;) 

I've been desperately trying to catch up on all the anime and manga I've missed due to school (and Tweet-spamming about it too lol) It's funny how most of my friends have grown out of anime yet I'm still very much into it. I guess it's something that I'll always be interested in, whether or not I have people to talk about it with...though, gushing about OTPs and fandoms with friends is nice too~

That's all for this post, have a great weekend! (ノ ̄ω ̄)ノ

4 comments:

  1. I will always be the anime/manga friend you can talk too XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those juice boxes! So cute! Spam photos of the milk carton too? I'd love to see them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon♥ I will take more pictures soon!~ :)

      Delete