Thus, I've been busy replenishing my stock of Katamari felties. Sorry for all the Katamari spam...for someone who hasn't even played the actual games (minus the game for ipod Touch) I sure make a lot of fanart. I guess I just love the character designs and concepts and it doesn't get old for me..
Recently, a regular customer named Seth sent me a photo of all the cousins he bought from me, displayed on a shelf altogether. He and his son are huge fans of Katamari. I asked if I could post the picture on my blog here because it really made me so extremely happy. *__* I love how they each have little stands!! ;A;Thanks Seth for sharing this with me! Haha I know it's my own works but still... I'm delighted that someone else appreciates it, and the world of Katamari. Seth also suggested that someone from Namco should contact me and go about mass-producing these!! Haha I wonder if the folks at Namco would be offended or pleased to see all the fanart I've made. I honestly hope they don't find out though...
I have thought about selling the patterns for these so I wouldn't have to keep re-making them but honestly... they are just made up of simple shapes, lol. The hardest part would probably be painting on the face..!
I recently made these two, Havanna and Ichigo for Seth so they will be joining their
This is another recent commission, the customer was interested in my Katamari charms but without the attachments, so they're little trinkets for display instead since they aren't free standing. I also made them a tad larger, at ~3cm in height. I also got some new Sculpey Glaze to use on these guys. TripleThick was just giving me too many problems..=_= Strangely enough the new Sculpey Glaze formula is a lot like Varathane, as in it's very watered down and is milky in color but dries clear. I honestly miss the old Sculpey Glaze formula where it was a bit thick yet dried to a super glossy finish without the stickiness...I don't know why I've heard so many problems about Sculpey Glaze because other than the fact that it dried out a bit too quickly it was the best finish I've ever used for clay...T_T /rant
Close up of the mushroom shaped cousin, Kinoko, because the shape is really amusing and it has no face, haha...(and also sorry about my ugly man hands..orz|||)
Anyways that's all for this crafting related post. I'm waiting for more pastel-colored/girly supplies to arrive to re-stock on the pastel bracelets I made for Anime North, I really liked them (despite it sort of being outside of what I usually make in terms of style) but they sold out and I realized I never uploaded any photos D: I'm also expecting some other random things in the mail that I can't wait to blog about.....so until next time~!!


I spy with my little eye...JOHNSON! :D lol That's an awesome display for all your Katamari cousins. Btw, I haven't played the game and I only heard of it because of you (no wait, it was actually cuz of ichigopan43, a plushmaker back in the day...but it may have been around the same time as you, ANYWAYS).. I love their designs and it's fun to see the next cousin you make! Especially the weird ones. XD
ReplyDeleteHehe, yup! ^__^ I remember Ichigopan's Katamari plushies as well! It was a while ago, eh? Lol I love the weird ones, I'm tempted to make them all!!
Delete