Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Toronto Zoo

Here is my post about my trip to the Toronto Zoo last Saturday~
It took me a while to sort out the photos and edit them all..I recently got a new tablet and it came with new photo editing software that I'm still trying to get used to. >_< I took a lot of photos but a lot of them came out not to my liking. My kit lens isn't the best for taking close ups of animals from afar, but I managed to snap a few decent shots. Many images of animals ahead~ :)














 It was my first time visiting the Toronto Zoo (pretty sure I haven't been there before when I was little!) and I was really surprised at how large it was! I guess I got my money's worth since admission was a little steep, at $28 per person. I went with my friends early in the morning..there were peacocks roaming around the entrance!




















 A lot of people were here to see the new giant panda exhibit. It did not cost extra to go in~














NO WAIT~ yay














 First we were led into this huge tent thing  which had some interactive booths and information about giant pandas.




















 On the way to see the real pandas!! Walking through a fake bamboo forest, haha...reminds me of the real ones in Arashiyama..
 













There are only two pandas, Da Mao and Er Shun. I'm not sure which one this is, lol. Still sleeping~ (a lot of animals were sleeping..)














 Outside was another panda. Overall, the exhibit was a little underwhelming, haha...but at the end of our trip we got to take free photos with the stuffed mascots so that was nice!














 Snake~ so pretty~














 A lizard of some kind..I made mental notes to remember the names of the animals I took photos of, but I failed to remember them all....T_T














 Some kind of turtle.. There were a LOT of different turtles in the different indoor pavilions. And tortoises.














 I loved the bird pavilions the most because they were all around you and flying overhead as well, they were not put inside cages or nets, so you could get up close with them. This beautiful crowned pigeon was just walking around~














 Marsupials...there were wombats, kangaroos and various others!














 Some moon jellies! Nothing compared to the aquarium in Osaka of course, but I'm mildly impressed that they even had jellies here.. *_*














 Went outside so see some frogs in their natural habitat. It was so peaceful and quiet here, you could hear the frogs croaking!














 Frog spotted!!














 Wolf spotted!! There was a whole pack of them!! :D














 Another peacock, this time a female was also near by so we got to see the male spread its tail feathers!~!














 There were two giraffes...I think you could feed them too, but they stayed pretty far away from the edges where everyone was crowding around.














There were two polar bears (and another female separated in another enclosure, I think) I wish I had taken a video of these two instead because they were repeatedly doing this kind of backward swimming and it looked so cute, lol.














 There were also white lions, I think it was a fairly new exhibit as well!














More beautiful exotic birds!!















 At this point we sat down (thank goodness for benches everywhere!) for a break and watched a herd of wood bison grazing. It was such a peaceful scene, not many people were here.














Near the end of our trek, we finally came across the tiger enclosure. But it was sleeping.. =o=















I actually had to zoom in quite a bit to take that photo...;_; we were up on this bridge thing looking down.














Another tiger spotted!

Some animals that the zoo also had but I didn't manage to get decent photos of: a zebra, flamginoes, jaguars (they were in a really heavily baracaded enclosure that made it nearly impossible to take a decent photo), a hippo, a pygmy hippo, lemurs, meerkats, capybaras, gorillas, an orangutang, an elephant, a tapir, a rhinoceros, grizzly bears, cougars, a bald eagle, caribou, exotic butterflies, a red and a blue macaw, toucans, pelicans, African penguins...and various other small ones I might not have remembered. >__< Overall it was a fun experience but there was just so much to see that I don't plan on going back again any time soon!

After this we went to eat Korean food...I've actually been eating out almost every week now, haha...either Japanese or Korean food. I actually did have my DSLR with me but I was too busy eating and forgot about taking photos. >__< Next time!! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment