Firstly I watched a bit of the Oscars, I couldn't sit through all of it but I thought Ellen did a great job as a host! Hannibal season two also started. I'm a huge fan of the series and plus, it was filmed at my university campus. I hope season 2 will be even more interesting than the first!
On Tuesday I went downtown to skate outdoors with my friends. I went skating before (the last time being in elementary school) but I never really learned how! That time I went to Nathan Phillips Square. This time we went to the Natrel Rink at Harbourfront. It was close to the lake but of course since everything was frozen over, it looked kind of eerie but serene and very calm. There were a lot of boats and ducks. I've never been here during the summer so I definitely want to come back and see what it all looks like then. ^^ The pier.... reminds me a lot of the one in the Great Gatsby! My friend told me this was where the ferry rides were, to go to Centre Island, across. I've actually been to Centre Island myself but I hardly remember anything... lol


I rented a pair of skates... they were kinda old and dirty looking but did the trick. (Hello there, duck)
From the rink, you can see the CN Tower :) We skated for about 2 hours... it was really fun and I'm glad I dressed up warm! I kind of couldn't feel my fact afterwards lol. I was also shocked that I didn't fall, not even once... I thought for sure I'd fall since I didn't know how to skate but I guess somehow something clicked and I was able to get by (albeit awkwardly). It started snowing too later on which made the ice less slippery. Afterwards we headed to the nearby indoor eatery/mall to warm up before heading home.
On Friday (yesterday) I went to see Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live at the Sound Academy! I knew about her world tour since last year but thought I'd be too busy with school to attend, so I didn't buy a ticket until two weeks before the show date. I thought for sure they'd sell out but I guess I got lucky! I went with my friend and this was both our first concert ever. I had a great time, minus the fact that I was kinda tired from work (my manager suddenly asked me to cover for someone) and that someone with a huge hat was totally blocking my view a bit after the show started. I tried to take photos using my phone but somehow they all came out blurry T_T We were pretty far back, though. I didn't want to risk bringing my big camera in case security wouldn't let me pass...
Doors opened at 7pm but we got there early and had to line up in the cold. We met this couple from Montreal while waiting in line. Not many people dressed up, but once we got inside where most of the action was, I saw quite a few lolitas! Kyary was soo cute and adorable on stage!! It was lots of fun dancing/jumping to the songs! Not sure of the setlist but Kyary sang almost all the songs from her album Nanda Collection, as well as her popular songs. She started with "Invader Invader" and introduced herself by saying a few lines in English (it was adorable how energetic and happy she was to sing for us). She sang her new single "Yume no hajima rinrin" (which I loved and was hoping she would sing it) and did "Candy Candy" for the encore. I think she had at least three costume changes and each one was so bright and interesting! I would have loved to mingle afterwards with the other fans, but we had to dash since my friend and I both had work again the next morning. >__< (We didn't even bother with the coat check cause there were just too many people and it was jam packed inside) Kyary mentioned that it was her first time in Canada, but I hope that she comes back again! I would really love to meet her in person and take a photo with her next time!
Sound Academy is a pretty small venue and it's by the water. You can see a nice view of the city from here. There is also a T&T Supermarket near by but other than that, the place looks pretty isolated and sketchy at night.
Lastly, on my days in between... I caught up on a lot of movies while sewing. Recently I've been getting a lot of requests and custom orders for the titan plushies I made based on the human-eating giants from the anime, Attack on Titan. I just made them for laughs and purposely made them look as creepy as possible... so I didn't think people would actually like them or think they're cute! I do love painting on their funny faces though...
A couple of people asked me for Sonny and Bean plushies to go with their Hanji Zoe cosplay!
I mass produced some more Ichigo's, Daisy's and another brighter version of June. I quite like this version of June so I might make more! I haven't decided if I want to restock/list these in my Etsy store or save them for future conventions. The L'amour is going to be a convention exclusive but will be available online later. I'd been wanting to make L'amour for Valentine's Day but I didn't have the time. >_< I usually make these katamari cousins in batches of ten... it's cute to see them all together like this so I should remember to take a group photo of the next batch too!
And... that concludes my break! Time to return to ordinary life~ Until next time!







Lmao, the Titan plushies are really funny but cute at the same time! >w< I love the photos of the harbourfront/pier too! Looks so... white and tranquil! Unfortunately it's not something we'll see here in Singapore. T_T
ReplyDeleteHope you have lots of fun with school too! XD