Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring & Summer anime + Anime North 2014

I've wanted to make a post about current/upcoming anime for a while but recently more news started being announced so... finally here's my collective post! And probably my last post for March, I've been too busy lately with school, work, and etsy orders and I haven't been buying much (thank goodness lol) so I don't have anything interesting to talk about, sorry! >_<

First, aside from Kuroko no Basuke season 2, I've been watching Kill la Kill. It is produced by TRIGGER, but directed and written by the same people that worked on Gurrenn Lagann (which I loved). At first, I thought it was kind of crazy, with the skimpy outfits and all, but I kept watching and it got better. The plot takes a while to develop but I liked how the series revolves around the school uniform, and the idea that clothing controls humans, and that they are actually extra-terrestrial lifeforms... seeing as humans are the only species that wears clothes. I thought the idea was pretty neat, and I must admit...even though the battle outfit that the main character wears is super skimpy, I really like the transformation scenes, it's so cool! *^* This anime is likely catered towards a male audience but I found myself really enjoying this anyways, and the other characters are really lovable too. If you were turned off by the amount of boobs and cleavage at first, I suggest you keep watching! The series is almost over but I look forward to seeing how it ends.

And with that... the spring anime season is here (even though spring hasn't quite reached us here in Canada yet...) and with it comes Haikyuu!! - a volleyball anime that I am super excited about!! I have been reading the manga and I love it so far! Unlike most sports manga, where the high school sports team is either really good and they play a whole bunch of schools (Prince of Tennis), or they're really bad/unknown and they want to defeat a whole bunch of schools (KuroBasu) ... the team in Haikyuu is kind of different. They used to be good. They're nicknamed "The Fallen Crows", and they're slowly trying to re-claim their previous title. It's really exhilarating reading the manga because there are a lot of dramatic angles and did I mention that ALL the characters are really lovable? Usually I have trouble remembering the names of the whole team but here, all the characters have such unique personalities! The manga is still progressing but I hope it continues and I hope the anime is just as good, if not better! I can't wait to see them in action! >_< For now there have been several teasers released.

It was announced in January that this summer, Free! is back for season two! I absolutely loved the first season last year (can I say that I love the SnK fandom as much as I love the Free! one?!) and I am really looking forward to seeing more of Iwatobi's swim club!~

Also, Psycho-Pass season 2 was announced, but apparently they are running a re-cap of the first season's 11 episodes this summer, and as well, a plan for a movie is in the works (source). Excited for this too since I loved season 1... satisfies my inner psychology/neuroscience love!

This also came as a shock, but DRAMAtical Murder, a BL PC game, is also getting an anime adaptation. I'm certainly thrilled and excited to watch it, but seeing as the anime adaptation of Togainu no Chi (also created by Nitro+CHiral) kind of flopped, I didn't think Dmmd would be getting an anime...the game was certainly popular though! I have played it myself, along with the sequel, but never actually thoroughly "finished" all the routes. I'm wondering what the plot is going to be centered on, and the extent (if any) of the BL content of the anime. Regardless, I'm sure it will be nice on the eyes because Dmmd is sure to have amazing visuals due to the bright colors and interesting character designs. It really is the opposite of Togainu no Chi in terms of mood and setting so it should be entertaining to watch!

Lastly, the second season of DRRR/Durarara!! was announced! I was surprised too but super happy! I loved the first season but the ending was really disappointing. I don't know what happens after since I can't read the novels... so I'm highly curious. No news on air date though this is something I'm gonna be really looking forward to. Maybe it's time to dig out my old Namie Yagiri cosplay LOL!

Which leads to my next announcement of my own: I will be attending Anime North 2014 this year and will be selling in the Crafter's Corner! Not a surprise, really... but I can't wait to wear my Mikasa cosplay again and attend the photoshoot. I will probably be too shy to participate but it's been a while since I witnessed any big group shoots.Things can get pretty crazy, and the SnK fandom is no exception!

Until then... I need to get through my coursework! But 2014 is turning out to be pretty good so far! ^-^

2 comments:

  1. You're my source of 'what's new in anime' because I'm so out of the loop! I heard some pretty bad things about Kill la Kill though. (this was from tumblr, so you can expect it to be feminist rants) :/ The only anime news I've heard is the reboot of Sailor Moon this summer; they're literally remaking the anime and having it closer to the manga. I wasn't a big SM fan (my sister was) but it's still nostalgic.
    I wish Bleach's new arc would get adapted into anime.. there were some really epic battles and it'd be great to see them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, this is a very biased post though since I only watch certain things! Honestly, I didn't like Kill La Kill at first, either... but I got hooked once I kept watching and more characters started appearing and the plot developed some more. I was really into Sailor Moon when I was little! (I even collected cards haha) but now, I'm just like..meh. I haven't been reading up on Bleach at all! I'll go catch up when something happens...

      Delete