Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Facebook Page + Baby the Stars Shine Bright @ Otakuthon 2014!

Hi everyone~ Hope you're all enjoying the beautiful summer weather!! There's some exciting news I want to share with you, though the first part isn't too exciting: I finally made a Facebook page for my small business! Now, my main Etsy store is directly linked to a Facebook and Twitter, yay! (Though my Twitter feed is kinda personal at times, haha...sorry for that)

I would love it if you could check it out and like my Facebook page!! Here it is:  https://www.facebook.com/whitefrostyhandmade

I will probably do a giveaway when and if I reach 100 likes! I already have plans on stuff to give away, as well as something special planned for my shop's 5th anniversary on Etsy :)

I haven't forgotten about my bjd-related Etsy shop... I'm kicking myself to get motivated and make Halloween things while I have the time. I kind of hate summer for this reason, the heat makes me feel lazy and makes me want to sleep and watch tv shows all day! -__- I'm also planning to sell the PDF patterns on my bjd-related Etsy store of my juice boxes and milk cartons. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, as a lot of other miniaturists do this and it makes so much more sense to print out the box and make things yourself. Plus the part I love most is designing packaging, not really the assembly!

The other exciting news I want to share is that the well-known lolita brand, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, will be coming to Otakuthon 2014 in Montreal this August!!! I was excited that they were going to open up a store in New York City this July but was kinda bummed that I couldn't plan for a trip to NYC on such short notice... but I had already registered for this year's Otakuthon before the announcement was made so it was as if the lolita Gods heard me! *__* Midori, one of the models for Baby will be there too and there will be a booth and a fashion show! This is a big deal for me because the brand, Baby (through the movie Kamikaze Girls) was the thing that introduced me to lolita fashion. I only started buying dresses and wearing them a few years later, and now, it's still my dream to fill my closet with lots of frilly things from Baby!! So far this has been a great year for lolitas in the Toronto area and for lolitas in Canada in general, with Angelic Pretty being at Vancouver's AniRev con and with Misako Aoki and Juliette et Justine attending Anime North this year. I only hope more foreign brands recognize Canada as having a solid lolita community and fanbase!

I won't be selling anything in the Artist Alley for Otakuthon this time, instead I'll be helping out Jess with her panel (hopefully we'll get approved, fingers crossed!!) so I'll have time to check out Baby's events and mingle with the other con goers since I really love Otakuthon's location. I can't wait to visit Jess and Montreal again...so excited!! :)

2 comments: