Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

OMIGHTY clothing & vintage

Hello~ I'm back from my vacation! I need to sort through all my photos and write up my Anime North report... but in the mean time... I've been wanting to do this post! Last month while I was at Pacific Mall with my friends, I saw a plain white t-shirt with eyes on it and a whole bunch of other interesting clothes. Pmall actually has a lot of cute Asian styled fashions, and some Harajuku street fashion trends are slowly creeping into the stores. I should take some photos next time, haha...but I know for sure there is one store that sells very nice hime-gyaru and otome styled clothes (with brands like Liz Lisa, IGNI and Cecil McBee...I suspect they're fakes but they look high quality and they're really expensive!!) Most stores actually sell clothes that I've seen on Taobao, so I had a habit of going there to look for nice clothes and then going home to look for them online myself and using a shopping agent because it's actually cheaper that way sometimes...^^"

Anyway, back to my shirt with the eyes. I saw something similar on tumblr, but it was a skirt and the eyes were anime styled so I went home to Google 'anime eyes skirt' and found the maker of the skirt: OMIGHTY.

I've never heard of this brand before but immediately I found out that they had socks that I had seen in another tumblr post. I don't know how to describe the style even... it's so bright, obnoxious, 80s..90s?...and I love it.The anime eyes skirt reminded me of a comic print skirt I saw on ModCloth (but it sold out...boo). I actually found OMIGHTY's obnoxious website kind of interesting and amusing, lol.  I went ahead and ordered the anime eyes skirt and a pair of socks. They are located in Singapore and I chose the cheapest shipping method, which was $10 regular air mail.

Little did I know, they shipped it via UPS???!! It got to me in two days?! Wow. The skirt is very sturdy and well made. It's not lined, but the fabric is quite thick. I got a size small but kind of wished I inquired about the sizing because even though I usually fit a small, the waist band was actually kind of tight on me... >_< One thing I want to point out is that on the website, and in this photo, the skirt looks white, but it's actually a bit of an off-white color, almost cream-colored. I would have liked it to be white, but I guess that's okay--the print is actually a bit 3D like and is pretty detailed!


Their socks are white though and pretty thick as well. It's a pity that all their socks are printed on one side only but... how cute is this print? I love Emoji's and I seriously can't stop using them when I'm sending messages!!
















If you like OMIGHTY's items, you will probably like JUNKKYARD & AfterDarkVintage, which are my favourite vintage Etsy shops that sell things of similar bright, 80s-90s style. Etsy is the place to go for vintage clothes and I've bought some peignoirs (a staple in cult party kei looks) from there. Since they're used clothes, make sure to read the item descriptions to know about the item's condition before buying!

Toronto has quite a few vintage clothing shops too of course... but I haven't had the chance to explore yet. Soon!

I also jumped on the circle lens bandwagon and ordered some contacts from Pinky Paradise. They arrived at the same time... I haven't had a chance to try them yet but they look interesting!




2 comments:

  1. This is kind of hilarious, but that anime-eye print is taken directly from a 'how-to-draw manga' book by Christopher Hart. I recognized it straight away because I own the book and have probably copied those eyes a few times myself (the one I recognised first was the tearful closed one)! lol The only thing that's different is that all the eyes are flipped. Here's a scanned page that I was able to find online because I'm too lazy to scan my own: http://www.rightstuf.com/images/large_images/0823030350c.jpg
    Cool, circle lenses! Those will be super moe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao!!! I can't see the link but...wow haha good to know where those eyes came from. xD I hope I can master them circle lenses to maximize moe potential!!

      Delete