This past weekend I attended Atomic Lollipop at the Ontario Science Centre as part of their Artist Alley! It was sort of last minute... I wasn't planning to attend since I thought they were doing the Night Bazaar thing again like last year but one of the APOP staff messaged me on Facebook in June, saying she had seen my things at AN and invited me to be part of the AA... and I noticed that the vending hours were during the day this time so I applied. I didn't hear back from them until two weeks before the event though!! @__@ So I was kinda scrambling last minute... Luckily, leftover stock from Planet Cute arrived back to me and I had leftovers from Anime North too so I manged to fill a 6 feet table by myself somehow...
I skipped out on the Friday since I had class during the day and would get back late so I was there only on Saturday and Sunday. I only brought my camera with me on Sunday so most of my other pics are on my phone through Instagram. I dressed up in lolita on both days and I guess I was the only one in the Alley all dressed up?? Because somehow all these photographers and camera crews came to me?? Lol I was interviewed twice even... it was totally on the spot and I'd never been interviewed like that before so I hope I didn't look or say anything embarrassing... D;
I did make a few new items but they were mostly jewelry pieces. I wanted to make more plush things but I ran out of time since at the time I was still very busy doing my courses during the day >__<
Somehow my table had really good lighting?? I felt bad for my neighbours, they were kind of in the dark. The Artist Alley was kind of small, and the tables were all along this hallway/bridge of the Science Centre. We got a decent amount of traffic, which was nice for a change because it wasn't as crazy as Anime North and I was able to chat/catch up with friends.
I didn't have a chance to take photos of my new charms before APOP so here they are now! I wanted to sell them in my Etsy together as a set, but the crepe and banana sold already... I was inspired by snack foods/street vendor foods at Japanese summer festivals/Matsuri!
I was really proud of these chunky statement necklaces haha... I made a pancake one too (which was my favourite) but it sold before I was able to take photos...
On Saturday I wore AP's Honey Cake and on Sunday I wore Crystal Dream Carnival! Andrea was my lovely table partner looking adorable in AP's strawberry print! Thanks so much for helping me out this weekend!! I also went to visit Cafe Delish and finally got to eat their rainbow cake! Sunday was when all the lolita events were happening so it was nice to see some old faces and friends in the Toronto lolita community!
My view from the table... green scenery... not bad! I also have to mention that APOP staff were so nice and helpful. I was missing a chair and this guy in a suit went and got one for me. They were organized and really chill compared to the AN staff/volunteers... I didn't have to wait in line for anything at all.
I went to the dance on Saturday night for a little bit (where Elijah Wood was DJ-ing..what!?) but I was in the back and couldn't see much. I think APOP caters to a more diverse crowd with a strong emphasis on geek/nerd culture, not just anime. There were still a lot of people cosplaying though! There are plenty of fun, interactive things to do and I would really recommend this event to those who have never gone to an anime con type of event. Also the descriptions in the program booklet are hilarious--whoever wrote it is a genius.
Overall, I had a fun weekend! Thanks so much to everyone who came by! I will be uploading new things to the shop soon. Have a great week~~!

Awesome, glad to see you had a fun time even though it was so last minute. Absolutely love those new charms...especially the dango, choco-banana, and is that takoyaki with a mini squid? So cute! I was once interviewed at AN....it was weird, lol.
ReplyDeleteElijah Wood djs? l had no idea; I'm kind of picturing Frodo so it's pretty weird in my mind. Totally random, but the actor that plays midousuji in the yowapeda stage play is also apparently a DJ. Now, just imagine midousuji spinning music at an event, lol!
I'd love to branch out and make accessories/other things than just fanart anime stuff. It's just hard finding the time to create new things. You did really well with the 2 week time frame! Kudos!
Yes!! The takoyaki ball with mini octopus was my favourite..I sold one and Tiff had her eye on the other one so I let her have it xD I need to make more >_< Being interviewed was so random! I swear it was only cause I was dressed up and my table was pink and under good lighting haha!
DeleteWow, that'd be pretty epic! I actually saw a few Yowapeda cosplays around :D I couldn't get a clear view of Elijah Wood but my friends did!
Thanks Jess!! It's been hectic for sure but I got a lot of things done that I had been planning to make for a long time. Once you get the time it's nice to sit down and just make the things that you like!