Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Graduation, Home Reno & Lolita Wardrobe Update

Hello all! Time to catch up on blog posts while I job hunt...

Back in April of this year I graduated from my two year college program, but didn't attend the ceremony since I was enrolled in this summer course and at the time I thought it'd be super important if I missed it. At the time I wish I hadn't skipped convocation since I met a lot of friends through my program unlike in university, but in hindsight it was no big deal. I did miss seeing my professors though. Long story short my grandma thought I was getting my Master's, which I wasn't, and she got me flowers which was nice of her. (Though I do have plans to get my Masters down the road lol)
Then during May, I was busy prepping for Anime North. I had mentioned previously that my progress was super delayed by home renovations... My parents wanted a lot of things done to the house and sadly, since I live with them, I had no choice but to go along with their plans. Most of the work was done in the kitchen. It looks a lot nicer, except here you can't see the ugly kitchen table and chairs that my parents absolutely refuse to throw away! I did take a "before" photo, not sure what happened... But trust me, it looks like no big deal to most but it really was a drastic change since our old kitchen looked like a total 70s kitchen complete with tacky floral wallpaper and a broken dishwasher! xD

On to my lolita wardrobe update: I was able to hunt down one of my dream dresses!! It was a print I fell in love with three years ago - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright's Twinkle Constellation. It was when I first went to Japan and saw it at the Baby store in La Foret Harajuku. But they didn't have the navy JSK! I regretted not buying it in yellow, which was my second favourite colour. Fast forward to a couple months ago, I saw the yellow onepiece for sale and decided to get that. I figured I wasn't going to find the navy JSK, ever. Then, as luck would have it, I saw someone selling the JSK and headbow set on Facebook. But their asking price was over my budget. Sure I wanted my dream dress but I wasn't going to fork over that much for it. I'm glad I held back because I found the same dress with tags still attached for a decent price on Yahoo Japan Auctions a short while after. It didn't come with the matching headbow but I was ok with that! (Funny enough, a short while after that, the same seller on Facebook messaged me saying they were ok with my initial asking price. Well, I already had the dress then! But I offered to pay for the headbow separately, but no luck. Oh well!)

Somehow I ended up owning two dresses of my favourite print but I guess they look different enough that it doesn't bother me at all. However, now I'm more tempted to reserve Baby's newest Halloween print in the navy. What's with me and navy dresses with a starry theme??!
Photos from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Left to Right: Twinkle Constellation and the Stars of Confeito JSK; My Sweet Mate Kumya's Trick or Treat Sophy JSK; Stardust Fantasia Horoscope of Twins Star Kittens JSK I)
The first dress is what I have, the Halloween theme dress in the middle was what I was so close to reserving last year, and it was funny because my cousin actually bought that same dress! I realize I like it a lot less now compared to their newest Halloween release because... it has candy and cats! Who can say no to kittens and stars and sweet things? However, do I really need another navy star-themed dress...? :')

But back to my moral of this story... don't give up on hunting for your dream dress because you really never know, it just might pop up in front of you some day!!

That's all for this post, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment