Last week I went to have tea at a place called Annvita Tea Room with Machiko. I haven't gone out in a long time dressed in lolita and I saw how nice this new tea place was so I was really excited to go check it out!
They opened this year in May so it's a fairly new location. The interior right when I walked in was super fancy, lots of fine china dishware and tea everywhere! I was greeted by a really nice staff member who said I could sit anywhere. I settled for the comfy plush seats by the wall.
The decor is really unique and unlike anything I've ever seen. Everything matches in a really calm shade of sky/ocean blue color. The there is fine bone china on display, but be careful if you break anything because you must pay 85% of the price!!
I ordered the Earl Grey Milk Tea (served hot) while Machiko ordered an iced rose drink (forgot the exact name). Each came with a little cake or cookies. A chocolate mouse type thing came with my tea but it wasn't that great, tasted like your average frozen Costco dessert... Since we both already ate we decided to just each get the Original Scone. (They have a lot of things on their very unique and elaborate looking menu.) It came with 4 scones and some cream and jam. We were told it would take about 15 minutes which was fine since we just chatted...and yay fresh warm scones! The Milk Tea was very rich and so flavourful - I think it had to do with how they make it, they boil the milk then add the tea leaves instead of being given a pot of black tea and adding the milk yourself. I don't think I've ever had milk tea like this before!
The dishware is of course also china, and the little cutlery I have a feeling must be pure silver or something because it felt really heavy to the touch. Everything was stamped with 'Annvita', even the cushions!
The atmosphere was really nice, quiet and relaxing. Definitely a good place to rest after a long day out on the town.
The staff were really friendly and kind! They also gave each guest a rose, we got them too when we left... apparently it was Chinese Valentine's Day! I didn't know until my parents told me when I got home. I guess it made sense since Annvita's head branch is located in Shanghai.
Overall, I would definitely come back here again and try other things on their menu in the future!
I'm moving to substack!
5 months ago

It seems like a lovely place and I adore cute cups and such x333
ReplyDeleteYeahh, in China you can have 2 Valentine's days, 2 Birthdays and 2 new year's celebrations, hahaha :D
Nice!! Haha, I didn't know that! :)
Delete