I don't remember the names of everything so here is a photo of their afternoon tea menu. They had a special harvest tea for fall and I think it changes every month, or to match the current season. The venue is gorgeous but the afternoon tea is served in the basement, in one of their many event rooms... we had to follow the signs to get there as it was located far from everything else.
After choosing our tea, the food came. There was a separate menu of loose leaf tea (not pictured) which we both selected from. There were only four tables in this room so I think the seatings are quite limited. Luckily it was a sunny day so the large windows let in a lot of natural light, despite it being in the basement.
I enjoyed the savoury things more than the sweet stuff. For some reason most afternoon tea places I've been to have good savoury things but bad desserts lol..
It was my first time seeing fruit served at tea like this though. Other than the fact that we were served shortbread cookies instead of actual scones (which I found to be rather hard) and the lack of proper clotted cream (I swear it was just whipped butter?) it was alright. I can see why it's cheaper than most afternoon tea places though! I'm glad I got to experience it but I don't think I'll be coming back for the tea.
The surroundings make up for it, I guess! Really pretty views and not much people around. I think a wedding was going on when we went. It's quite peaceful. And behold, my photo spam of the Angus Glen Golf Club:
A small pond near by. Sadly after Thanksgiving Monday the weather was all gloomy and rainy up to and including this weekend so some of my staycation plans were ruined. But I still managed to go out and spend it well! So, until next time~

No comments:
Post a Comment