Last week or so, I went to Essence of Unionville, a restaurant located inside the Hilton hotel. I knew they always did special holiday set dinners and such but I never really looked into it. Fred knows how much I like afternoon tea, and so in an attempt to try all the afternoon tea places in the Toronto area, he made reservations for their afternoon tea buffet!
It started at 3 pm and we had a choice of coffee or tea with our meal. Sadly we were just given a pot of tea with tea bags, but honestly we weren't expecting much at all. Service was great though, as expected of Hilton.
There weren't many people so I went to take photos of the food before it started! I really liked the savoury items - there were at least 5 different things to choose from, and of course you could have as many as you wanted.
These fennel things were quite interesting!
And of course, you could start with the desserts if you wanted to, too! There were quite a few different things but I didn't take a complete photo of them - lots of cakes, cheesecakes, tarts, danishes, scones, mousse cups, cream puffs, creme brulee and macarons.
The desserts were all mediocre... but overall I'd compare the food quality to that of Angus Glen's. Not bad for the price and the atmosphere is quite nice since it's the hotel after all. The concept of an afternoon tea buffet is unique to me (I don't know of any other place in Toronto that has it - other than Collette and I haven't been there yet) and although you can't really stuff yourself with too much of this food anyway since it's mostly sweets and starch, let's just say that we were influenced by Mike Chen's videos of all the fancy breakfast buffets in Asia that I wanted to experience it too even though it's not the same...
That's all for now! Have a happy new year, everyone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment