Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Winter Village @ Evergreen Brick Works

This might be my last blog post of 2017 (at the rate I'm going lol) but we'll see! I was able to go visit quite a few new events and did a bit of traveling this year to Vancouver and Niagara Falls. Definitely an eventful and fun summer for sure. But the year isn't over yet!

Even though it's cold out, seeing as it's the holiday season there's lots of outdoor activities and markets as well. I've always loved Christmas and going to markets. I'd never been to the ones in Europe though so I can't say I've experienced much in that regard...

Nonetheless - during the beginning of this year, I went to the Evergreen Brick Works to randomly explore the area. I liked the simplistic vibe there and it turns out they have a Christmas market so I went back to check it out.


It's not exactly a Christmas market, more of a winter village, as in there are several different buildings/areas at the site. Quite a few people were buying their (real) Christmas trees here.


Entering the food area - I think it was still early, not a lot of vendors had set up yet.


Some food and drink trucks were set up here. Different than the ones they had last time.


Some small local artisan shops also in the same area. The actual farmer's market was inside another building. There was also an Etsy holiday market but unfortunately it was only on Sundays and I was only able to visit on a Saturday. I got some hot chocolate and walked around a bit before heading for lunch. For those looking for a quiet and low-key alternative to the crowds and bustle then this is the place for you. Also might I add that this place is super dog-friendly? I saw so many cute doggos (but none stood still enough for me to snap a pic)!

We headed to Ryu's Noodle Bar's new location for lunch which was conveniently located not too far away from the Brick Works.


I ordered the TanTanMen and it was quite delicious. It was my first time having this kind of ramen and even though it was spicy, it helped to warm me up on this rather chilly day!

...And that's all for this post. Hopefully I will have another blog post before 2017 ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment