Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Crafting.

Oops... somehow it's already February and I haven't posted anything here yet! Nothing much happened in January though - mostly working hard crafting for future events/conventions. I've applied to more places this year (more news on that later) so I'm trying to get a head start on building up my inventory. I ended up finishing my Halloween items in November 2017 (oops...) so sadly they'll be revealed in the fall of this year.

I also have a bad habit of hoarding random craft supplies with the idea that "oh, this seems interesting, I'll have a use for this!" but usually I forget about it and never end up completing that project... so here's my attempt to use up my random supplies!
It feels like I'm working two jobs but I guess I wouldn't want it any other way. I just wish I had somebody to manage my branding and social media related stuff because clearly I'm terrible at it!! Prime example: I'm still using a stupid pixelated logo from 2007... D:

I see all these popular talented people using things like instagram to their full potential, reaching a large audience. I know I should really stop comparing myself with others since it's my hobby after all, but I just wish I could sell myself better, haha...

Anyways - I'm glad I'm crafting because it really is like a stress relief for me.


I've finally had the chance to make stuff I've had ideas for for years...literally! I bought these little wooden boards from Michael's originally as bases for small sculptures... but I realized they would be perfect "serving boards" for food! And I happened to have some fabric lying around... so tada~!


I've been really inspired by Japanese yoshoku cuisine and set meals. When I went to Japan in 2012, for some reason I wanted to eat "Western food" every day because I could eat sushi back home. Plus sushi was expensive. I'm pretty sure it annoyed my travel partner! There was just something about the Western style food though - it had a very Japanese twist to it that I knew I couldn't find back home in Canada. (Now I know a good handful of authentic yoshoku places in Canada!)

It was my first time putting together meals with so many pieces in this kind of scale. I already had a lot of respect for miniature artists but wow... it was super time consuming making each individual piece, that was for sure! I'm not a miniature artist by all means but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The little cutlery I got from that miniature store seemed to be the perfect fit for the dishware I got from Taobao. I think I will turn them into magnets!


I made more sweets necklaces since I got new chains. I know... sometimes all I seem to make are cakes and donuts. Don't I get sick of it? Yes and no. I'm always trying to make the perfect cake or donut. Sometimes it feels good to make the thing I first made when I first started out with clay, and see how far I've come. Sometimes it's boring, so trust me I'll be making a lot more new things and experimenting as well...


...Like these new rings. Some random kawaii looking bears. They turned out better than I thought lol. All made from polymer clay by me.

That's all for this post. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment