Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Doll Stuff

It's been a long time since I posted about my ball-jointed dolls! I must admit I've fallen out of the doll hobby quite a bit and it's been hard trying to get back into it... so much so that I'm planning to try and get rid of some things I've accumulated over the years at Doll North this year. I found these 1/3-1/4 scale cakes while cleaning and decided to snap a few photos since Kaede was dressed to match!

I totally forgot I even made these... I'm not sure why I even made them... 

FYI Kaede is a boy ... (I guess you could say trap in this case LOL). I found this maid outfit for boys online on Mandarake. He's pretty so who cares right? .. 
Another birthday cake. I suppose it fits better for 1/4 scale or MSD sized dolls.
He's probably gonna stay like this for a while. For a time he looked so weird in boy outfits while in this wig. I got him because his sculpt was really cute but then the faceup turned out a bit different than the promo pics (the eyebrows looked angrier imo) I guess you can say I've given up on his "character" now and he's just stuck in this maid outfit forever :')
One more cake I'm getting rid of... I don't have any use for them now cause I don't have time to make photostories anymore... 

Frankly, at one point I wanted to get rid of all my dolls because I didn't have time to take photos of them anymore! But I just couldn't do it... It's almost been 10 years since I got my first bjd, when I was still in school. There were so many dolls I wanted but luckily I stopped at 5 because it would've made me broke and I probably would've regretted it... though that being said I still have a few dolls I really, really want and will probably never get to have because the exchange rate is so bad and they're more expensive than before... :'(

Don't get me wrong, I still love this hobby.. I love the fact that everything is reproduced in miniature scale and that these dolls are so customisable. I just hate how much space they take up (and their accessories!! Which is why I'm trying to purge some...)

Mostly I'd still be into the hobby more online if Den of Angels (bjd forum) didn't change and force your sales posts into one item per post. Or if Photobucket still allowed free image hosting. I'd probably be selling and buying on there still. So for now, Doll North seems to be my only option. The Toronto doll community is very friendly and welcoming, from what I've seen, and I look forward to going back this year since I missed out the past two years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment