We headed to Film Cafe by Eative in Kensington Market for brunch/lunch first and I guess I was too excited but I forgot to take a photo of my food with my camera... T_T I ordered a shrimp katsu curry and a sakura latte. The curry was yummy and I loved how it is served with purple rice with some furikake on top. I like how it's unique because most places serve curry with plain white rice. I tried a bit of Fred's tonkatsudon and it was really tasty too. The sakura latte just tasted like strawberry milk and I think it is coloured pink by beets. It was really pretty and matched my outfit, but I probably wouldn't order it again (too expensive imo). I'd definitely come back and try their other drinks and food items though (the melon hot chocolate sounded interesting)!
Lots of people. As usual we started our trip on the top most floor and made our way down so we don't miss anything. I don't follow any artists (I only recognize like a handful out of the many) but I just love to see everything. We stumbled upon a seminar in progress given by Inio Asano; unfortunately we had missed most of it.
We usually just shop for friends here, but this time it felt like there were more vendors. The room that was used for the Toronto Tea Festival was used for even more vendors and I don't think it was there last year. After getting two books from featured guests Johnny Wander, we wandered around some more. This event is great because you get to interact and talk with the authors and artists and you can even get your purchase signed, which is a really nice personal touch.
I also wasn't expecting to see t-shirts and that many pins being sold, that's for sure! I managed to snag the last Peko shirt. I had wanted one of these shirts with the colored trim for a while and this one was perfect. It reminded me of all the Milky phone cases I had for my old phone, which I can no longer use with my new phone... :( I kind of had a feeling Peko-chan has a dark side so I Googled it and wow... I was not expecting that LOL. Anyways... I decided to pick up a copy of Asano's Solanin, A Girl on the Shore, and the TCAF exclusive epilogue for Solanin as well and it came with a free poster. Yay for new reading material!! I honestly wished I had more time to read these days...
I had a lot of fun

No comments:
Post a Comment