Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Anime North 2019 Report!

This post is super delayed, mostly due to the fact that I was busy with other stuff last weekend and then I was sick... and basically just didn't feel like crafting or doing anything let alone blog!! I guess it's nice to take a break from crafting once in a while?? Although it feels like I've just been wasting my time after work doing absolutely nothing... haha...

My con report is super short because this year I pretty much stayed inside the whole weekend! I was lucky this year and somehow managed to get a corner table, usually I'm in the middle! I got there early without much trouble and worked on my setup. I'm quite proud of my display this year for once! I wish I made more Voltron things though because they sold out right away! (Thank you!!!)

I spent months making allll this stuff lol. I didn't have enough space to display it all!

I should've made more cousins because everyone seemed to really like them still!! Someone came by and told me my prices were way too low!! Not the first time I've heard that, since I've been told by friends before, but this was the first time a random con goer said that to me! And this was after I already increased my prices this year lol.

I was really proud to have sold a few of my necklaces since I made them a while ago and they never get sold. I saw many amazingly dressed lolitas come by to look at my stuff, it made me really happy! And thank you to the person who bought 5 of my Animal Crossing charms... I was away but I wish I could have been there to thank them in person! I want to make more soon.

I sat next to Jess (Pheleon) as always with her lovely plush army!! It was nice to catch up. I also sat next to Cristophine and CaptnMcD so it was extra nice having friends close by to chat. I saw some amazing cosplays but either I was too lazy to reach for my camera or they were walking too fast, but this is what I managed to snap:

This Super Mario cosplay family was super adorable!!!

Earphone Jack from Boku no Hero Academia! I loved her cosplay and I rarely ever see a cos of her at cons!!

I was admiring her cup noodle earrings before I realized she was actually dressed as a cup noodle LOL! I really wanna make miniature cup noodle/ramen things now!

And that's pretty much my con report. Since there was no lolita fashion brand as a guest, my friends and I decided not to attend the lolita tea party this year. I went to the dealer's room once to check out Divinity Doll's booth to look at some lolita dresses and walked around a bit in the comic market/pro plaza/crafter's area. There were soo many talented artists, I tried really hard not to spend all my money!! I ended up with a few keychains and some stickers. The things I wanted were sold out by the time I had a chance to walk around properly on Sunday... T_T  I was really tempted to buy some enamel pins since they're so popular now but I'm glad I resisted because I feel like once you start, you can't stop, and I really don't need another hobby right now, haha.

Thank you again to everyone who came by!! Not sure when my next event will be, since I was rejected for Etsy Made in Canada in September, but hope to start crafting again soon!! Maybe considering FanExpo?? Who knows..

Thanks for reading, until next time~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment