Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Box Opening: Fairyland Littlefee Shiwoo

It's been a while! And even more so for the topic of today's post - a doll box opening!! I haven't done one of these since... *checks blog archive*... 10 years ago! Literally bought my last doll in 2011. I've sold some floating heads here and there and while I've wanted to sell some of my dolls and wanted to get another, other things in life ended up getting in the way... and I still have my 5 dolls. So I guess even though I've tried to get back into the hobby, it never really happened. Until now, I guess? But I don't think I'm "into" the hobby any more - looking at dolls and looking at things to get for them - because I think I already have everything. And to be honest, it's not as fun anymore, almost seems like a chore. Which is why for this doll, I didn't have to do any of that! This doll is special to me and has a rather long story...

I wanted a LittleFee Shiwoo from Fairyland ever since I saw him, around 2009~2010, but at that point I already got my first tiny, Myles, my Honey Delf Taffy. And somehow, I always wanted other dolls more afterwards, so I never ended up getting him. Then the exchange rate went up and I couldn't justify the price anymore, then Fairyland went on hiatus and I forgot about it... until recently, I joined some Facebook groups to sell some of my doll stuff, and I noticed people were still talking about Fairyland and their releases.

So back in October last year, I was finally able to save up enough to order the basic Shiwoo! Then about a week ago, I sent an email to Fairyland asking about the whereabouts of my order since it's supposed to take 30-45 days but I gave them til March due to the pandemic and they told me that if I didn't get a shipping notification by the end of March then I should contact them again. Then the very next day, I got a tracking number!! Kinda suspicious... like, did they forget about me?!

Anyways it arrived last Thursday and I quickly did a box opening, please excuse the crappy lighting as it was already getting dark and I was just too excited to wait! The box was much bigger than I thought it'd be - and different shape than the boxes that my other tinies came in! 

The outer box was kinda dinged up but the inner box was fine!

The box itself is quite pretty and opens like a book with a magnetic closure, definitely going to use this to store stuff in!

Inside was a instruction booklet and CoA. Also this was my first time ordering from Fairyland and they automatically marked my package with a lower value. Not that I ever got charged customs fees from South Korea, but just thought I'd mention! 

I haven't ordered a doll in a while and I totally forgot about the resin fumes! It was pretty strong when I first opened the box! So Fairyland likes to send their dolls in this foam cut out instead of bubble wrap which I guess is good, less plastic.


I didn't get the sleeping faceplate but I did get the default faceup. What's also new to me is the faceplate mechanism since my other dolls all have a head cap, but this one's face just pops off lol! Sorry if some people find this disturbing but I think it's kinda neat... I quickly changed out the eyes and wig and put him in his default outfit!

 
Picture on the top is the expectation photo, the doll's promo photos for the fullset. Super cute, right??! The bottom picture is the doll I received. Somehow the wig is way more poofier, and I swear they photoshopped the top Shiwoo's face because the nose looks so much smaller and the puffiness around his eyes are gone. He's kinda different from what I was expecting... but in a good way, I guess? Most of the time when I get the doll, I don't really like it out of the box but it grows on me after a while. Or maybe it's just the angle and lighting of my photos... It has been a while since I actually photographed any dolls.

I think it's cause the wig is styled differently (I don't really like fur wigs overall cause they're a pain to style) but he more or less looks like the Shiwoo I wanted... to be completely honest I didn't get the hype over Fairyland's dolls cause 99% of their sculpts are not to my liking, I'm not into the fantasy/Elvish/faerie-like looking dolls and I find their bodies are too plump, curvy and imp-like... but I made an exception for Shiwoo. What bothered me the most was the chubby pointy-fingered hands but luckily thanks to the paws, you can't see it here lol.

But I can understand now why Fairyland's dolls are so popular... their resin is very solid and the Littlefee body is just built so much more thicker compared to my Yo-SD and Honey Delf for sure. He's also a bit heavier and like a new doll, strung tightly so he poses really well, as I suspected. The creaking joints will go away with time though, I'm sure. I should probably re-string my other dolls but I don't really know how and I'm too afraid to attempt it. Maybe someday lol. Also, I know my dolls are quite yellow now after 10 years even though I keep them in my closet 90% of the time, but the color of the Fairy;and normal skin resin is much more peachy pink than I thought. It's a nice shade but just really different from what I'm used to. My resin comparison photo didn't turn out so well but not that it would help anyway since the rest of my dolls are so much older...

I was lucky enough to get the outfit and wig secondhand as well, many years ago, on Den of Angels, and I already ordered special mis-matched eyes from Enchanted Doll Eyes as well. I had all the parts for him, I just needed the doll! And now he is finally complete!!

Final picture with Myles (Honey Delf Taffy White Skin) and Yukio (Volks Yo-SD Puff). You can see how yellowed they are compared to Shiwoo... which I have decided to name Finn! After Finnick, one of my favourite characters from the Hunger Games, back when I was into the series (see, I literally had everything all figured out for this doll, lol). Two tinies doesn't seem like a lot but once you add another one, three seems like a crowd! And to think I wanted four! I'm very happy with these three, now I have one more body to wear all the cute outfits I've hoarded throughout the years! 

Hopefully I'll have more opportunities to take photos and make photostories because I love seeing them together like this! That's all for this post, until next time~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment