Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Shows I've watched...

I think this is the longest hiatus I've taken from this blog. Wow... since the lockdown started here I basically was just busy crafting and working on my Etsy shop updates... I've been much more active on Instagram and Twitter lately and blogging just kinda... well, I think I just ran out of interesting things to blog about. 2020-2021 so far is just one giant mess and I'm not so sure what to make of it to be honest. I've been doing a lot of retail therapy but I'd rather not talk about that... 

As I type this right now I may or may not be delirious with fever from the side effects of my second COVID-19 vaccine shot so please keep that in mind.

I just wanted to blog about two shows I watched recently that I thought were really good and thought I'd share. Cause apparently I used to do that - blog about shows.

The first one being a Chinese Wuxia (martial arts) live action drama, English name "Word of Honor". This was actually recommended to me by my co-worker. First of all I'm not a fan of martial arts dramas, period. I believe the last one I barely watched was "Legend of the Condor Heroes" a lonnng time ago because the male lead was really good looking and my parents were watching it. Not sure why, I'm not a fan of historical stuff unless someone recommends it to me. Maybe because I can't really stand the fake special effects, but then my co-worker countered with the fighting in Harry Potter and I guess two people waving pointy sticks at each other to fight is also kinda cringe in itself... But what's special about Word of Honor is that it's an adaptation of a BL novel... that immediately got my interest! 
The good thing was, it was free to watch on YouTube and the subtitles were decent enough to follow. I was hooked instantly! I made my fiancé watch with me as well and even if you're not a fan of BL, it has a really good story with very strong female characters in it as well. I asked my co-worker which was better, the novel or the TV show and to my surprise, she said the TV show. I decided to read the English translated novel after finishing the show and I must agree. Even though some of the racy BL parts had to be cut from the show due to obvious reasons, the TV show was much more entertaining and was more wholesome. (Except the last 6 episodes which felt super rushed but let's not talk about that...)

I was then curious about this author's other BL works... and let's just say I've dived into the world of Chinese BL novels and I have a lot of drama watching and novel reading to do!! I know I started reading "The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation" cause another friend recommended that to me long ago but it was so boring in the beginning I couldn't get through it... I started the drama recently and it is indeed, equally boring but I guess I'm putting it on as background noise at this rate, haha...

Anyway aside from that, another kdrama my mom recommended to me was The Penthouse. I decided to give it a shot and holy crap, the first 5 minutes already had me on the edge of my seat! No wonder it has two seasons and it's already on its third! I mean it does get kind of repetitive after a while - endless backstabbing, adultery, attempted murder, all around bad people doing bad things and sometimes you're screaming at how the bullies ALWAYS win, but I guess the end of the season wraps things up nicely. But the story just doesn't end! And it really has you excited for more. I'm currently waiting until all the episodes air from the third seasons so I can watch it all at once. Note, don't take this show too seriously even though it's super super serious, lol!

That's all for this very short post. I may or may not have plans to move out soon before the wedding to Fred's (it's been one year since our engagement already!!! what.) I'm hoping I can finally have the office/studio of my dreams, or at least a decent place to craft... but since we are also house hunting in the background, I don't know if I should commit to the present space yet... it's hard cause home décor is something I really love to do and there's just so much cute things from indie artists out there that I wanna decorate with!

Not sure what the future will hold but for now, just struggling to get by... until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment