Never thought I'd be so fortunate to be able to travel for work but here I am blogging about it! Getting there was an ordeal, I tell you that... I was supposed to go to Baltimore airport for my destination and return trips but I never ended up going there at all. Now that it's summer and things are slowly starting to get back to normal and people are on the move and travelling again, I knew it was a not so good time to travel, but I had assumed the bad press Air Canada and Pearson International Airport was getting about the backlog and chaos would be over by now... boy, was I ever wrong.
I had to catch an 8am flight and got to the air port at 5am, and proceeded to the gates only to be told I had to wait in a separate area to be called because clearly, Air Canada couldn't keep up with the volume of passengers. There were so many people!
I mean, I guess the sunrise was nice? Because after getting called at 6:30, I spent another hour in security where it was a complete mess, they were again prioritizing earlier flights, and finally got to U.S. customs... only to realize it was at least another 2 hour wait. They got rid of all the kiosks and we had to see an actual person. The line moved slowly. The flight was delayed but my coworker and I still missed it. I mean we did as we were told and waited in the line... if we made a scene and made noise about how we were gonna miss our flight would that have changed things? Who knows...
We went to see Air Canada customer service and there were no other flights to Baltimore. So fine, we said just get us to Washington, don't care how. She put us on a flight to Nashville... and then to Washington. It was a complete waste of time and after 20 hours of traveling, we finally made it to our hotel. It was crazy! But at least now I have a story to tell? I was glad I wasn't alone and had a travel buddy at least... But we did go out to have some good food which kinda made up for everything:
We stayed in some small town were I was probably the only Asian person for miles and had some terrible Chinese food. But there was some decent pizza and east coast crab cake and we stumbled across this really cute burger place. And then the rental car got keyed. But somehow I made it back in one piece and got through customs really fast after landing at Terminal 1. America is wild, y'all.








No comments:
Post a Comment