Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Merry Christmas & New Year's Resolutions

I know I'm way late but, Merry Christmas y'all! I'm going to try to attempt to make some xmas themed clay stuff - yes, now that xmas is over. Getting sick really set my plans back a couple weeks and then we were busy hosting another xmas party (that went surprisingly well and nobody got sick). We were supposed to have xmas plans with my parents but then my mom ended up getting sick too and getting everyone else sick, so again my xmas plans were changed! I literally spent the holidays baking and eating. So much carbs... I really need to stop... but I guess I'm trying to compensate for the fact that I can't eat any of my favourite foods right now cause of  heart burn... And what are pregnancy cravings? Still haven't experienced any yet!!? I crave everything right now... but I'm fine if I don't have it, I guess. I suppose that's not a real craving? I have no idea..

Anyways, I did manage to remake some of my felt stuff from 2020 though! Literally took me a whole month lol. But I'm happy with how they turned out but not sure what to do with them now, maybe re-open my Etsy shop next year? Not sure if I'll have time but we'll see!

I guess this is my last post for 2023 and I wanted to take this opportunity to go over my goals I posted last year:

Goals for 2023

1. Leave the country...aka go to Japan and have a good time. Check! We had a fab time. Can't believe it happened, and I wish I could do it all again!
2. Wear all my lolita dresses at least once (wear lolita in Japan?) I did wear lolita in Japan (twice!!) but it was difficult since I didn't want to pack extra shoes since we were travelling quite a bit so it wasn't a coordinate I was super proud of. I didn't get to wear ALL my dresses this year, though.
3. Finish furnishing the house (big items) Check... mostly. We have yet to furnish the basement fully but no one hangs out down there now. We did finish getting main pieces in time for the xmas/house warming party though!
4. Finish decorating the office and do a studio/office tour? Close, if only I could hang up my prints...but due to some Chinese superstitions from my MIL, we can't make any holes in the wall right now because I'm pregnant and it's bad juju... I'm at my wits end with all these superstitions forcefully imposed on me...
5. Sell at Anime North or Otakuthon or some other con. Sold at Anime North in May and it was my best year ever (in terms of sales and the amount of fun I had!)
6. Go thrift shopping and actually buy something! I did go thrift shopping and I bought a really pretty glass serving bowl? Haha... I have yet to buy any clothing items though cause sizing is difficult and you really need to spend some time digging through all the selection.
7. Go on more day/weekend trips (Prince Edward County maybe?) Didn't manage to go to PEC but we did get to go strawberry and apple picking and that was fun! Would definitely go again next year.
8. Visit more local shows/gardens/fairs and support indie artists. I did go to the Pin and Patch Show but missed the OOAK Show this year... too bad all these shows are pretty far away from where I live now so I'd have to make a day trip out of it. I did go to Fan Expo and spent way too much money haha...
9. Bake/cook more things. Does baking count as cooking? Lol.
10. Maybe start a family? Who knows... !!!Can't believe I'm going to be a mom in three months!!!

Hmm I guess I did a lot this year? Although I would've liked to do more... as for 2024 resolutions, I decided not to make any! All I'm praying for is an uncomplicated birth and a happy, healthy baby... and that all my friends and family stay healthy too. That's all for this post... see you in 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment