Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

[Can't think of a proper title]


To be honest, I'm really clueless when it comes to beauty and which brands to use/which are good/popular, etc. I leave that all to my mom... I lurk around when she goes to buy skincare things and I gain whatever knowledge I can from Youtube gurus like Michelle Phan, and the like.

So recently my mom has been going on about this UK brand, No7... about how her friends say it's really popular in HK right now... so while at Shoppers, she told me to try something, so I ended up getting a toner. I must say, it's rather cheap. It was on sale: $9, for 200mL of product (normally $12). Originally I was going to buy LaNeige toner, a Korean brand. It'd cost about ~$30-$40 for about the same amount...

Apparently, No7 performs like a high-end/high-quality product, but without the price tag...? But there's also this Chinese saying, "yut fun cheen, yut fun forr" (lol excuse my lame Chinese...OTL) Basically it means uh... you get what you pay for...? Can't translate better than that... but hopefully the message is clear. I guess I will try this brand out and see if it's really as good as people make it sound...

[And AGAIN for the nth time... "UK" brand eh, hmmmm the UK from Hetalia popped into my mind again because this morning a friend sent me a really cracky fic to read in which the UK loses his luggage and... yeah. Hetalia just always happens to be /there/]

Also at Shoppers... I noticed they have a lot of products from PurMinerals, and I've heard some good things about that brand too. I really want to try some of their products. Actually, there's A LOT of products and brands I want to try... -__-

Ah... Why am I blogging about something like this???!? I really have no idea. XD
Yeah, next I might be blogging about scooters or something, you never know... >8O

3 comments:

  1. hahahahha i was at shoppers and saw taht No7 brand too... i was like o.O cuz i havent heard of it... well i heard of it... but dun rmbr anythign about it... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O!
    I wanted to buy PurMinerals but they didn't sell it here so I went online but they didn't accept Paypal >:(
    but i'll go check shoppers.
    Btw, I really think you should go for PurMinerals if you're looking for a quick, easy and light natural look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol
    PurMinerals is availible at Shoppers... at least where I live. XD Yeah I wanna try their powder thingys~

    ReplyDelete