Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

So this is what they call "MOE"???!


Taking a break (I really shouldn't've, but heck it was the weekend), I decided to randomly watch an episode of K-ON!, an anime about four Japanese high school girls who join their schoo's light music club to try to save it from being abolished. At first, one of the girls, Yui Hirasawa, has no experience playing musical instruments or reading sheet music but eventually, she learns how to be an excellent guitar player. The rest of the club helps her to buy a guitar, and they perform at the school festival as a band.

A friend recommended me to watch this a while back, but I refused because I thought it was just all full of ecchi/perverted stuff with girls who had high-pitched voices. It reminded me of Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. BUT to my surprise, no ecchi stuff! You know what... I think all along I was confusing ecchi with moe. -_-"

The animation is also really smooth, it's amazing. The art style is really "shiny", too and reminds me very much of KL-chan's style.

I can't wait to finish watching it... maybe moe isn't so bad after all? xD

No comments:

Post a Comment