Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Canada invisible on the world stage


Often, since I have class early in the morning, I like to read the newspaper. (Because the Toronto Star is free. :D)

This article caught my eye.

"Canada acquires an image as a nation that doesn't say much, doesn't do much and doesn't seem to stand for much."

Immediately I thought Hetalia. (How could I not?!)
HETALIA... WHY ARE YOU SO RIGHT???
I don't know if it was on purpose, but last week's episode featured a G8 meeting and... Canada was late. He's also often shown as being transparent in the anime. Don't believe me?
At one point, Russia sits on him, too, mistaking him for a chair... T_T

...I realize now that if you're into the Hetalia fandom, to normal people it may seem like you're just really into either history, politics, or international relations...

No comments:

Post a Comment