Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome to the N.H.K.!


After seeing this anime appear in my 2006 July issue of Animage... 3 years later I actually watch it. =__= (Talk about delayed reaction... I blame it on my mother.)

Welcome to the N.H.K.! is about a young man who is a hikikomori - someone suffering from acute social withdrawal, and he believes that everything around him is a conspiracy... so much that he created a conspiracy theory that the "Nihon Hikikomori Kyokai" is responsible for making him a hikikomori... but then~ one day he meets a girl named Misaki, who claims to know how cure him from being a hikikomori…

The main character is also a NEET. A while ago I was watching Eden of the East, and there was mention of killing 20,000 "NEETs". I thought a NEET was a term that meant geek/nerd or something... but no, I found out that a NEET is someone "Not in Education, Employment or Training".

Yeahh~ this anime was totally for me, okay... they mention suicide too and at the same time, some parts are so freaking funny... black comedy... 8'D <3 And basically during the whole summer, I was pretty much a NEET. I'm starting to think I get brainwashed easily, too. While I was watching Tales of the Abyss, I went REALLY EMO (because of the fact that the main char. was a duplicate, and he was pondering whether or not it mattered if he died, meaning of his life...etc. which led to me pondering whether or not it mattered if I...)
And NOW...IDK BUT, I'M STARTING TO THINK I'M A HIKIKOMORI TOO... @__@

2 comments:

  1. loool no way !! -gona youtube it- lol no internet..so couldnt browse ur bloggy ~~ but im stealing school's internet ;D muwahahha ..i was a NEET in the summa tooo! T.T ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. o btw what's a "hikikomori" ? lol D:

    ReplyDelete