I made a keychain version of this frog sculpture and No Face charms for her:
I made another one with the mask details indented but somehow the hands ended up a bit big. I don't know how it ended up so creepy looking still Orz;; Pictured with my Cantonese ver. of Spirited Away. 8D
In return, I asked her to make me mini plush keychains of Keisuke & Akira from Togainu no Chi... cause I'm borderline obsessed with TnC, of course. And also after watching the anime series, I wanted something with Keisuke. ;^;

I hope she doesn't mind that I steal her photos. Check out more of her plush work: Pheleon
I'm so happy with them, they look just like how I imagined! Akira even has his little knife. :D

Just to show how big they are. They're adorably tiny and so much cuter in person!!! I plan to hang them up in my room near my Akira figure... yeah I totally have like a mini shrine going on :'D
Back view to show the details of Akira's hoodie and Keisuke's hair.
Jess has been my table buddy at Anime North for quite some time now. We discussed AN and the possibilities of going to other cons, one being Anime Expo in LA, which is like my dream con to go to... lol cause all the cons here are small and bleh (minus AN). She is headed to Otakon (in Calgary) and although the idea is tempting because I have a place to stay, the timing is just not good for me. I don't know what's gonna happen this year in the CC, but as of right now I'm not planning to sell anything. I still want to make some things to sell in my Etsy so I'll see how that goes...
It's turning out to be a pain to submit things (deviations, scanned drawings, sketches) because my editing program died on me recently and my desktop is also on the verge of dying. @__@ It will take me a while to sort all that out. >< In the mean time I'm feeding my growing obsession with dolls. ^^" There is something very stress-relieving about sewing miniature clothes. I finished an outfit for the Sanrio swap I joined, and made my boy model it:
He's mortified. :'D
But I liked how it turned out. T-Shirt transfers are so tricky for me to get the hang of... it seems I'm always forgetting to do something, like not flipping the paper the right way, flipping the image, pressing hard enough, etc. When it does turn out right, it's wonderful.
I realized I only use the doll forums for four things now: research, replying to PMs, selling/buying things, and joining swaps. They're just downright anal with rules, and dealing with people whining and bitching without evoking drama is just so hard to do. Just trying to keep a light discussion is hard with people who think they're better than you just because they've been in the hobby longer and own more expensive dolls. At least, that's how I see it. But whatever, not worth my time...
And so ends my reading week. u.u

It's Tiff, lurking again. LOL
ReplyDeleteI feel like I should make a blog...seems so convenient to rant about life on it. LOL I think I have a blogspot...too...or I made the account long long long ago and forgot all the info (as usual). O_o;;
Anime expo, omg I want to go!! But as a con-goer. LOL My friends haven't planned out when we would go to AX...so who knows when that would happen for me. I have a friend who used to go around to different cons selling her merch (in the dealer's room)...She doesn't do it as often anymore, not to my knowledge.
DoA drama? I guess I haven't encountered that in my 3 weeks of being on it. I'm too fresh! LOLZ.
It's ok, at least you know cool people who aren't arrogant about collecting doll stuff...
I mean, I call myself a casual collector, but recently the hobby kind of exploded...ever since my sister got into it too. LOL
But truthfully, I don't know too much about doll brands and whatnot..o_o Hard core doll jargon hurts my brain.
Aww, I wanna join some swaps, but alas, I'm still not MP access.
WHAT on earth did you do to Mishka...ROFL Poor boy. He needs to come over and try on Zephy's lolita clothing XD
That T-shirt looks super cute! Is that a ciniambon...oh crap, I can't spell it's name. That bunny thing on the bag? hehe
I know the pain of iron-on transfers...sometimes they can be a super bitch...but sometimes, it's the best stuff in the world!
Ganbatte!!
aieeee get a blogger so its easier to stalk you back!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI thought you went to AX before??! XD I wanna go as a con-goer too! Haha. I'm just overly sensitive to that sort of thing since I got caught in drama once and hated it.
HAHA yes. Cinamaroll I think it's called?! XD Mishka wants a loli dress (I know it!!!) 8D
Thanks Tiff!!