Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Breakfast at Cora's

I went to have breakfast today at a breakfast place called Cora's with three friends. Another sort of get-together before Jill & I are off to Japan. All these meetups are making me feel like we'll be gone for a lot longer than we actually are!! >_<


I brought my big camera this time because I saw other people's photos from Cora's and the food was really nicely presented so I wanted some nice food photos... but we were all starved and waiting to dig in so I didn't have time to take any artsy photos lol. I've never been to Cora's before (usually I like to sleep in on Sunday mornings ><) and my family rarely ever goes out for dim sum. My mom used to make really nice Western style breakfasts for me on Sunday mornings, but less so recently. And she was off to the states in particular today..xD


My friend's crepe topped with generous helpings of fresh fruit!


Jillian's spinach omelet with potato wedges. This reminds me, I really want to try omurice while in Japan... as well as a bunch of other foods...!!


My egg on a skillet, Western style. I chose my eggs to be "over-medium" despite not knowing what exactly that was and it turns out, it's exactly how my grandma makes her eggs, with a little yolk running out :) The dish had red and green peppers, ham, onions and potato wedges with cheese. It was delicious and really filling! I was really glad I ordered this cause there was no way I could have finished a whole plate of fruit o.o (which seems to be what most of the dishes consisted of) I absolutely love bacon, sausage and eggs in the morning (gotta have my meat!!!) I wanted some hash browns too but they didn't have any...
I wasn't paying attention to the cost of drinks though, turns out my little cup of tea cost $2.45... o_O But the service was superb. Anyone who can be so happy to serve you from so early in the morning gets bonus points in my book, lol. I'm really not a morning person at all! But despite that, I had a good time. :)

I'm still not 100% ready for this Japan trip. To me, it's a big trip since I haven't gone overseas in about 10 years, and this time I will be the tour guide... for a destination I've never been to before! XD I don't know how many times I've wanted to go to Japan and not have things work out with timing... but it's finally happening. So nervous and excited at the same time!! >__<

I won't be bringing my dolls with me though. I won't have time to fuss over them and our schedule is pretty hectic as it is :( But I think I'll miss them a lot though... :'D

I wanted to change Kaede back into his blond fiber wig but he's looking quite happy in the fur one so I left him like that. He really is the cutest boy I've ever seen ;3;

Anyways I'll most likely have internet connection while I'm in Tokyo so I'll be Tweeting and Instagram-ing my way through the trip! I'll blog about it all once I return though. Wish me luck !!! >w<

1 comment:

  1. The food looks yummy and as usual Kaede looks cute! (What happened to the nurse outfit? LOL)! Have lotsa fun on your trip and spam photos when you're back! XD

    ReplyDelete