Since I'm on a roll and on the topic of dolls from my last post, time for a brief intermission! xD Wig-less and eye-less floating doll head photos below, be warned~!
Earlier this year, I was browsing around doll sites looking for a doll that resembled Miketsukami from Inu x Boku Secret Service (the anime). I don't know why, I thought having my own character doll would be super neat because I was sorta in love/obsessed with this character... I was randomly browsing InfinitiDoll. I think their sculptor used to work for Luts because the style is very similar, with a few exceptions. They're not a very popular company, but I have seen more dolls pop up on Den of Angels. When I saw the event head (for their Winter 2011 event, I think? Not sure..) I thought the sculpt was so unique and I really liked it. I didn't see it before because the thumbnail didn't catch my eye... but I randomly looked it up on DoA. And I saw that my friend was selling it for a great price. So low and behold, here is my super impulse purchase, an InfinitiDoll Joy event head! No idea why this head is named "Joy" either!
And after all I said about no more hybriding and floating heads! >__< But I thought, since InfinitiDoll produced a 60cm boy body that I really liked and heard good things about, there would be no issues with resin matching or proportions. But since the head was blank, I had to find a faceup artist to paint him. I wanted him to be a mischievous character; I love the little sculpted toothy grin and thought that'd be perfect.
And after all I said about no more hybriding and floating heads! >__< But I thought, since InfinitiDoll produced a 60cm boy body that I really liked and heard good things about, there would be no issues with resin matching or proportions. But since the head was blank, I had to find a faceup artist to paint him. I wanted him to be a mischievous character; I love the little sculpted toothy grin and thought that'd be perfect.
Immediately after arrival, I sent the head off to Marison (Alison) based in Hong Kong. I saw she painted a Leekeworld Khal vampire before, so she had some experience with teeth. It took more than a month for the head to arrive!! I was so worried it got lost because even though I didn't use EMS with tracking, my packages to Korea always got there within 2 weeks...orz|| this taught me to always use tracking for packages to China/HK next time...;;
I got the head back while I was in Japan and I only got to see what he looked like once I returned because to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled with how he looked judging from the progress photos Alison sent me... I thought I would hate him for sure, but nonetheless I waited patiently and it turns out he looks so much better in real life. I think she did a wonderful job on the faceup, and I really love it. *_*
Admittedly, this sculpt is rather odd and I have a feeling he will scare some people lol... it's different, and the way his eyes are shaped is not exactly in proportion. But I don't know why I'm turned off by the thought of modding him... the more I look at him, the more I like him... So, I finally introduce to you, a mischievous trouble-maker that is part demon, part vampire -- Rin. Unoriginal name, I know... but I think it suits him. I am in the process of getting some eyes that will fit him (he's got big eyes... just like Kaede o_o") so until I see his final look, I'm going to hold off on getting a body!! I hope I don't end up selling him, cause I think he's too unpopular to find a new owner quickly... and he's really growing on me! >_<
Call me crazy, but I really missed my dolls while I was away on my trip! I'm on the search for a small compact case that can fit a Yo-SD so I can bring Yukio or Myles with me on my travels. I got them some new outfits from the Volks store: Myles is wearing the marine sailor salopette set from the Hometown Dolpa Sendai release and Yukio is wearing a chibi outfit romper set that I have been eyeing for the longest time!! They already have outfits with blue stripes and I don't like mice... but those shoes are just too cute and so I couldn't resist... >_<
Myles is bothering Yukio, who just wants to take a nap..!
I don't know why, but I missed seeing Kaede's face the most. He's special... and he's just so pretty... D; I don't know if I want to get another large doll. At the same time it would be nice to have another to pose with Kaede but on the other hand, I kind of like how Kaede is my one and only, lol.
I think he might stay in this wig permanently now that I {kind of} know how to style it properly. I keep on spamming photos of the little ones plus Kaede... my minis are so neglected, hahah. Not that I don't like them as much... I should take more photos of them, but they're not that fun to pose, especially Louis. I wonder if I will ever be not lazy enough to set up a decent photoshoot with Mishka and Louis...? >_<;;

Rin looks good! I love the way the faceup was done! Wish I could do something like that! Can't wait to see Rin with wig and eyes (and maybe a body? XD). Maybe he might be the right one for Kaede ROFL. Yukio also looks so innocent and adorable in his new outfit! I can understand why Myles like to disturb him ROFL. *pinch both their cheeks*
ReplyDeleteThank you!! ^^ Lol it's gonna be a long wait for his eyes but I'm hoping it'll be worth it!! >__<;; Kaede will treat him as a friend I'm sure, but I think Rin would just see Kaede as a food source orz;; Haha yes Myles is always so frowny and Yukio is quite the opposite..xD
Delete