Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Japan Trip 2012 - Ghibli Museum Day 9

A rather... interesting start to this day. This was our last day in Tokyo before we left for Kyoto (which is about 2.5hrs away by bullet train) so we spent most of the morning packing. Our tickets to the Ghibli museum was at 4pm (we wanted 2pm but they were sold out) which was fine since we weren't sure if the Museum would be hard to find. So we stayed in our cramped little hostel room, packing. Apparently someone didn't flush the toilets properly and I wasn't aware of this...so when I flushed, the toilet got clogged. So I got the hell out of there and went straight back to our room. O.O; Not cool! I think the staff took care of it pretty quickly but honestly... it was pretty gross. And totally not my fault... >__< Let's just say that after 9 days I was really glad to be leaving that hostel...

We took the Ginza Line again to Kanda station and from there we took the JR Chuo Line to Mitaka station. It's kind of an out-there sort of area... Originally I put down Nakano Broadway and Kichijoji as places along the way we could visit, but we just shopped around Asakusa a bit to kill time before heading out.

The Museum was just a 20min straight walk from the station and there were Totoro signs to guide the way. We arrived really early but they let us in anyways!

The entrance...giant Totoro that doesn't move.

Our Ghibli Museum tickets...not sure what mine (on the right) is depicting... but Jillian's is a scene from Ponyo I think. Lots of cute things to be seen in this Museum, for 1000yen entrance fee, it was well worth it, especially if you are a fan of Ghibli films. However I found that most of the explanations of exhibits didn't have English on them so it was a little hard to understand what was going on. The special film that you can see in the threatre is not shown anywhere else. I wonder if it's the same film being replayed or if there are always new ones?? The one we watched was about some kindergarten kids building a pretend ship and sailing out to sea and bringing back a whale that kept going "oh ho ho ho ho"...it was SUPER CUTE. *__*
Giant robot on the roof, from Laputa.

Water fountain
On the roof, looking across to the other building
Some odd looking flowers on the roof~
Neat looking spiraling staircase

I didn't buy anything at the gift shop... >__< it was super crowded and none of the stuff had prices...and I couldn't read the kanji price chart orz||| but they had mostly Totoro stuff...and to be honest Totoro kinda scares me lol. Spirited Away was my favourite film. I wanted a little Ponyo-goldfish trinket but I didn't see any..

We decided to eat dinner at the Straw Hat Cafe before heading back, and ordered the dumplings. It seemed like a safe choice compared to the other big dish that was on the menu. It was served with a crispy dough pocket that had curry filling.
I think the soup base might have had some okra or something in it cause it was a little slimy..? >< It was a little bland but otherwise alright.

After ordering desserts, the waitress came back to tell me that the strawberry shortcake I wanted was sold out for the day! I asked what had strawberries in it and she recommended a parfait and drew a picture of it to show me what it was LOL orz;; but I really wanted cake so she recommended this round thing...I said okay, despite not knowing what it was cause I didn't remember what it was called on the English menu and I didn't read the Japanese one... >_<

Jillian ordered a sunrise soda. It looked really pretty!

This was the cake (isn't the plate cute?? They sold it in the gift shop) I thought it was soft but it was rock hard!! I had to stab at it and cut it open with my knife -.-

After mixing the soda~ I had a sip and it tasted really light and sweet, not heavy and super fizzy like normal sodas.

My cake had cream on the inside that wasn't too rich and went well with the cake crust. I made a huge mess of this at the end lolol...

Next post will be about Kyoto~ I will combine it in a huge post instead of blogging it day by day because talking about this trip is making me feel a little depressed... I want to go back already... !! T__T

No comments:

Post a Comment