Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Japan Trip 2012 - Odaiba Day 8

Odaiba!! This was a very fun day filled with sight seeing + shopping. We took the Ginza Line to Shimbashi station and then transferred to the Yurikamome Line, which is a short section of above-ground train that has a loop in it. You get a nice view of the Rainbow Bridge as it goes around in the loop and you can spot Tokyo Tower in the distance too. Right out of Daiba station, Aqua City and the Fuji TV station building can be seen (left and right respectively in the above photo)

Aqua City was still closed so we went over to the balcony area to take some photos of the Rainbow Bridge. I'm too lazy to watermark and resize all the photos I took...and I'm not saying I'm a decent photographer or anything like that, but please, don't steal my photos... go to Japan yourself and take photos, it's worth the trip :P

Mini Statue of Liberty~
Giant Gundam statue!!
It was pretty big...
We decided to head over to Palette Town and Venus Fort (it's connected to the same above-ground area as Aqua City but you need to walk maybe about 15-20mins)
Another Ferris wheel spotted! I thought it was the CosmoClock at first, hahah. But it was much smaller, and we didn't go on it.
Inside Venus Fort for some more shopping! It was "Ladies' Day" so some stores were doing promotional events. The inside of the shopping mall was modeled after 18th century Italy, the ceiling reminds me of Las Vegas... though I have never been to Vegas o.O

The fountain inside Venus Fort
Circular ceiling
More ceiling... it changed colours...I think o.o

After shopping around, we walked back to Aqua City. On our way, we bumped into the American guys we met that morning at the crosswalk on our way to Asakusa station. They recognized us from Khaosan Samurai (I think they were staying on the 3rd floor...we bumped into one of them in the kitchen) and asked us where we were headed for the day. We said Odaiba, and they said they were going there later... to think that we'd bump into them again, what were the odds?! I didn't get their names though... they were the only people we had conversations with throughout our stay at the hostel. I felt that with the shared environment, we should have made more friends, but I guess we were both too anti-social... ><;;

Aqua City has some nice clothing shops...and rather interesting character goods shops. We kept seeing this weird mushroom face thing and it really creeped out Jillian. It's a cardboard cutout where you can stick your face inside and take a photo..

That was next to this cutout of Date Masamune standing outside of the Capcom store!
It was slowly getting dark... a photo of the Rainbow Bridge at dusk from inside Aqua City!
Saw this poster advertising Moyashimon returns!! I watched 7 episodes and so far... it's not as good as the first season by far, I was really disappointed...

I saw this store and nearly had a heart attack!! Eeeee so many microbes hanging from the ceiling!!! I thought there'd be more big plushies inside but they only had small charms >__< 
I don't know what anime station this store was about but they also had Sakamichi no Apollon stuff (including the real life eyeglasses that the main character wore..they were on display and we tried them on. SO JOKES. I wish I could've taken a photo because we looked so comical wearing them) as well I spotted some Black Rock Shooter merch and some other merch from an anime I didn't know. The other side of the shop had some tables or something..? I think I remember someone sitting there eating by himself...odd.

Hmmmm fatty beef... *_* I wanted to eat this but Jillian doesn't like fatty stuff. Next time...if there is a next time...

We randomly stumbled into this restaurant and found out that it had this back seating area with such a nice view of the Tokyo skyline... the table in this photo was filled up by 2 OLs and 10 other business men moments later.
We ate chicken donburi (chicken and raw egg over rice bowl) for dinner

Outside for some night shots!! I wish I could have borrowed someone's tripod haha...since there were so many people with pro cameras and tripods hovering around this area!! I do have a tripod at home but it was so unstable and crappy so I decided not to bring it after all... Most of my photos came out blurry and I had to hold the camera extra still, so this is my one decent photo from the many. No filters or editing here. The sight was even more beautiful in person! I wish my parents could have seen this in person too. In fact I really want to bring my mom to Japan in the future...
A little blurry but you can make out the Tokyo Tower more clearly in the background in this one.

And with the (mini)Statue of Liberty in front!

It was such a great day, I would definitely go back to Odaiba again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment