Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween! & Pinkly Ever After [quick review]

Hi all, Happy Halloween to you~~! ^__^ Halloween is almost my favourite holiday if not for Christmas! I love all things spooky and had so much fun dressing up as a kid. I kind of regret not dressing up more when I was in high school because then I could have maybe actually gotten away with trick or treating, too...but, that's okay!

I wore my Mikasa cosplay to college today for fun. My English professor dressed up as Captain America, lol. He is a huge Marvel fan..^_^" He handed out candy to us too. I really wished more people were into the Halloween spirit here, but since most people on campus are actually International students, it's really kind of quiet. People actually recognized me and I got compliments on my outfit though, which was nice! I was stuck in class all day and and then I had a lab (where we are required to wear lab coats..) so I didn't get a chance to take any outfit pics...also I was super paranoid since it was my first time dressing up to school in a long, long time. Usually I am too weirded out and scared to dress up to school but now I realize what I've been missing out on, haha. Next year I hope to wear something fancy!

Also, I'm sorry for recycling photos from my Tweets but it has been horribly rainy all day and we've been getting a lot less sunlight and I arrive home late almost everyday...I actually snapped this photo in advance on a day that was sunny.. ^^"

















Last year I made these two some quick Halloween outfits but this year I was lazy and had no time so I just worked with what I had. Myles is a frog, and Yukio is...some apple thing, I have no idea!! I just wanted him to wear the hat, haha..because it's cute and I like to collect cute hats for 1/6 size..>__<""

I've always wanted to host a Halloween party and serve creepy foods. Maybe some day when I have my own place? Haha..I hope you all have a nice night and stay safe~!

On to the second part of my post, my order from Pinkly Ever After arrived today too! Before I go on, a little bit of background info is necessary: I noticed this brand a couple years ago at their booth at Anime North and I have been secretly admiring their fashions. Back then I wasn't too into fairy kei, or even lolita fashion, but it was something I always liked. Then, Robin, the designer came by and I met her at AN and Atomic Lollipop this year and when she bought some of my plush dolls and brooches, I was so happy and honoured to hear that she liked my work, because I had been admiring her work for a while now. But I never got a chance to buy from her because all the things I liked sold out super fast!! So...this time I decided not to wait and just order, since they have been releasing so many cute things and I was ready to finally own a PEA piece because by now I have things in my wardrobe to match with it. ^_^ I will take proper photos soon, but here's a quick snap the moment I opened the package:

















My order came in a pink plastic bag and everything was wrapped super well. Shipping came out to be $32, which was I think before they lowered their shipping prices...T__T but it got to me pretty fast via registered air mail with a tracking number. I ordered their Twinkling Rainbow Tutu and I would say it is more like a skirt because it was much less puffy than I expected, but it was exactly what I wanted!! I think the model is wearing more than one skirt in the photo for the extra poof, and my skirt didn't come with the pink heart rhinestone on the bow like in the photos, but again I would have not preferred the rhinestone either. xD The ribbon on the waist is removable and it is very well made (the ends of the ribbon were sealed). The skirt is not lined, but the gathered bunches of the tulle material is thick enough so it's not see-through. Overall I am so happy with the skirt because the colors are beautiful in real life (my crappy photo doesn't do it justice). The matertial is wonderfully sparkly, and the glitter seems to come off a little bit, which may or may not be a good thing. I totally don't mind leaving a trail of glitter wherever I go, though it may annoy my parents.. xD

Price wise I think it was a little pricey for a skirt but considering that it was custom made to fit me (and it fits me perfectly!) and the stitching was done so well, I'd say it's highly worth it. I love the design and the colors of this skirt (I had been eyeing something similar from other Japanese brands but they didn't look anywhere near as nice as this skirt) so I'm happy to finally have this PEA item in my wardrobe!! ^__^ Another thing I got was their Pastel Candy Bracelet~! It reminds me of the candy drop bracelet made by 6% DOKIDOKI (Harajuku fashion brand) but at $8 it's much, much more affordable in my opinion. It fits me perfectly, but I have a rather small wrist compared to most people. I also got a bunch of free goodies in my order that I wasn't expecting at all!! I think it was very nice of Robin to include those, and also to write me a long note! It made me feel all giddy inside reading it. >////< Thank you so much Robin!!!!

So, to conclude, I of course highly recommend PEA's clothes & accessories and I will most probably order from them again in the future. I can't wait to put together a cute outfit with the items. It's been so long since I dressed up in fairy kei/lolita style clothes!  My inner magical girl needs to come out, haha~

Thanks for reading & until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment