No turkey this year, though my aunt and cousin came to visit for the long weekend and we had a family dinner a little earlier, which was nice. Unfortunately I had to work the whole weekend .. it wasn't all that fun, but at least aside from school and working, I've been doing a lot of eating. Minor food spam below...
We went out to eat Shanghai style food one evening. It was our second time there but it was still just as good as our first visit. I don't remember the name of the restaurant but the place is quite small and the food was cheap, considering how much we ordered. I forgot to bring my camera the first time so this time I made sure to bring it. I don't know what half the things are called in English (or Chinese for that matter) and left all the ordering to my aunt and mother.
Delicious, delicious fatty pork...
Steamed buns with pork filling, the kind that has broth inside. (sorry the focus was off...for some reason >_<)
Fish head soup. We ordered this last time so I didn't drink any
This was our dessert that my aunt absolutely had us try. (Usually when we eat out, we don't order any desserts because I'm the only one who eats it) It's a sweet broth made from rice wine with chewy glutinous rice balls(??) inside. I really liked it!! I usually hate the kind we eat during New Years, the round kind with filling inside, but these remind me of the little mochi bits you can add to frozen yoghurt as a topping. It wasn't too sweet and I could taste a little bit of the rice wine, it was yummy!!
My mom cooked up a Western style dinner another night and she made some hashbrowns...I know it looks kinda gross but they're actually really tasty! ^^"
We ate rack of lamb as our main course I guess...usually we bake it and it looks nicer than this but this time my mom just pan friend them. Still tasty!!
Pasta .. with Alfredo sauce with Mahi Mahi (not pictured..)
And of course some salad :) I guess I should have put this photo first since it was the appetizer lol
I recently got this little Levi earphone jack plug from Taobao (it's supposed to be him stabbing his knife into the device). I put him on my iPad mini but he kind of doesn't sit on it properly because it's too thin, I think he's made for iPhones but I don't have one...^^" I'm pretty sure this is a fanmade item because there are a few imperfections...but I thought it was really cute and had to have it!!
Haha and as you can see...I've been obsessing over this AU Shingeki no Kyojin fan fiction called "1994" by Vee. I started reading when it was only 5-6 chapters and now it's at 22 chapters and it's still ongoing. Hands down one of the best fics I've read in a long while, so I highly recommend it to all! I love the coming-of-age aspects of it, and goth/drag queen Levi is just too amazing to pass up. I'm quite literally dying to make some fanart of it, though I know there's plenty already.
Also, I'm not one who is too in tune with the latest gadgets but I just want to say that I love my iPad mini to death. (Originally my mom didn't want it so she gave it to me..hehe) it's the perfect size for reading manga, or any kind of text and it's SO great for surfing tumblr, whereas my old iPod always crashed. It's better at taking photos too, which almost makes me want to recreate another Instagram account, hah..^_^"
I should also note that today is also Erwin Smith's birthday. My friend said I should draw something to celebrate (or try to summon him by drawing a pentagram on the floor?! LOL). He's easily becoming one of my top favourite characters from SnK, almost second to Levi, Mikasa, Armin and Eren, despite the fact that we know almost nothing about his character, but I love him. *__* I recently went a little crazy with buying fan merchandise so, come December or early next year I'll hopefully have my hands on some official SnK merch.(that includes Erwin). I am also waiting on some Kurobasu merch and lolita stuff so hopefully that will give me something to blog about in the coming months before the year is over!! ^_^"
I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful fall weather and had a chance to sit down together with loved ones to share a meal! Until next time~ :)

No comments:
Post a Comment