Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

BJD Tattoos

Almost a year after painting my last tattoo on a doll, I finally attempt some more. I really wish I had more time to do these things because it is really fun! I wish the same could be said about faceups though...orz

My friend Kim let me use the extra torso that came with her Crobidoll B-Line Yuri (the body came with a jointed torso and a non-jointed version) as practice. Have to say, tattoos look a lot better the less joints and the further away from joints they are because no matter how well you seal it and how careful you are, you are bound to get some chipping.


I wasn't given any specific requests so I just painted whatever lol. I also body-blushed the torso first. The "Alice & Rabbit" logo thing I just decided to stick that on since, before, I wanted to open a tattoo/customization shop on Den of Angels. But I don't have the time for that anymore and I would much rather just paint for free, without deadlines.

Some close ups:

I was going to post these on my DeviantArt but seeing as it's kind of random and I didn't want to freak people out... I just posted on Tumblr instead. ><

I love wings. :) I realized later that I should've used some acrylics instead of pastels to fill in the colors because they're much more vibrant... Ah well, next time!


Here is the first tattoo I did on Kaede. I recently just removed it--it didn't fit with his image and now that it's summer, it shows when he's wearing short sleeves and it bothered me. ><

It's funny how tattoos are so simple yet I struggle terribly with faceups! Kim lent me her Luts Winter 2010 event head to practice. I am improving, but it was still so bad, I just wiped it. I think it has something to do with not having any guidelines to follow, and that the shape of every face sculpt is different. I really wasn't sure what I was doing, lol. With tattoos, you're pretty much just painting on a flat surface! Which is why I have utmost respect for talented faceup artists out there. *_*

I'm planning to do some tattoo work on my Mega Gem Phonolus next, but I have a feeling that'll take me... a while. u_u;

4 comments:

  1. You kidding me?! Those tattoos are AWESOME! Wow I can't wait to see what you have in store for Deimos! Did you paint them from scratch yourself? I thought they looked like professional stickers! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lol but they are NOT stickers = = I drew the guidelines by looking at a reference then painted over it with acrylics ^^

      Delete
  2. Holy crap Alice lady!! Look what you've been up to :D I really like that heart/wing/rose tattoo...! Really amazing..

    I feel like I should crack out that random Luts head I have and face up him for some reason now...or maybe finish my sister's DD-06 head o_o;...haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :DD Thanks lady!! Yea..you totally should!! I wanna see more of your faceup works!!

      Delete