At first I didn't want to wear lolita out since I just cleaned my one and only loli dress after Anime North but I just ended up wearing it anyway! It was quite hot out so this time I didn't wear a shirt under it (actually it's a one-piece dress but I wore a shirt under it anyway at AN cause I was a little cold due to the AC) This was my first time wearing lolita out in public and since we had to take public transportation... we got quite a lot of comments and stares. But I'll get to that part later!
It was my first time in the Windsor Arms, it was very fancy inside indeed (actually it looked kinda haunted to me lol but I was assured that it wasn't). The above photo is the tea room where we had our high tea! It was quite cozy and quaint.
Two of us each shared a tray full of scones, sandwiches and sweets. There was a selection of clotted cream, homemade strawberry jam and blackcurrant jelly (which was delicious!)
Close-up of our little sandwiches :)
My cup of Earl Grey with roses.
Our selection of sweets (creme brulee, truffle, and red velvet cupcake, I think) all of us actually filled up on the sandwiches and scones so we ended up taking these home.
I apologize for not taking any full pics of everyone's outfits, they were all really cute and gorgeous (...except me LOL) m(-__-)m. So this will have to suffice--it's us actually standing in the hallway upstairs of the hotel and right across from us on the other side of an open area below, was a mirror. I'm the one taking the photo (and my big ugly bag is blocking most of my outfit ><) so you can't really see me...
EDIT: I found this photo of Machiko & I... or I stole it from someone. Probably archangeli, lol.
But I'm glad I dressed up because it was fun and a new experience. It's much more fun wearing lolita in a group. However I must admit I'm not good with dealing with people staring and making comments...some of the things people said to us as we were walking around downtown were: "So what's the occasion? ... What are you dressed up as? ... What's with your getup? ... Is that traditional dress?" and even "Is that normal?" I don't know why I'm so surprised that people know so little about Japanese fashion, because I have seen lolitas before wandering around the Eaton's Centre and at Pacific Mall... Yet the look of awe a mother gave us would have made you think we were dressed up like aliens or something! But of course, we got heaps of compliments too...
Anyways, after our tea, it got pretty late so we headed back to Machiko's place. I got to look at her lolita closet *_* and all the goodies she got from Japan!! Then by that point I was kinda too tired to do anything else so I went back home... xD All in all, I had a great first-time-wearing-loli experience. Thanks archangeli for planning this and I hope there will be more events like this in the future :D But first I suppose I need to get more lolita stuffs to complete my lolita look... my wallet...!!! ヘ(;´Д`ヘ)


Oh wow, the food looks really gorgeous! ♥ Lucky you! I think it's definitely a fun experience to have but yeah I know dealing with negative comments is a pain. No one brought any dolls? LOL
ReplyDeleteNahh it was just a lolita thing..not a lolita x doll meet, though I would love to go to one of those too... :D
DeleteAwesome! Looks like fun. :) I'm surprised that strangers had the guts to speak up, but it could be because you girls were in a group, and I guess lookin' more approachable? ^_^;; A friend of mine dresses goth-loli, like with a black-lace parasol and all; some people stare, but no one has the guts to actually say anything, lol!
ReplyDeleteYour poor wallet! But it's nice to spoil yourself once in a while, instead of spoiling the resin children! :)
Yeah I mainly got stares by myself, but it's definitely the group that makes people openly question/comment! LOL..resin children.. but yes, you're totally right! ;)
DeleteYou need an iron shell for this stuff! I wasn't really bothered by it at all..(the comments I mean). The "Is that normal?" comment was actually a 2-parter. The first part was "What's going on? Is that normal?"
ReplyDeleteLOL..
Oh whatever. It's still more fun to walk around in Lolita in a group :) We already an idea for the next time we do something like this!!
Yeah...i dunno, it's just something I'm just not used to I guess :/ depends on your mindset, I tend to take things personally lol orz
DeleteI think I get tunnel vision when I'm in lolita. I don't notice many things around me... o_o; But if I'm getting major stares I will be like, "wtf?"
DeleteLOL we were getting major stares on the subway? I didn't even notice!!! Probably because my back was towards the people..