I went to Ruelo once, more than a year ago to get a sampling of their cakes and macarons. When my friend told me they offered high tea, I was really interested in a seating so finally we all went! We stuck to their Richmond Hill location because it was closer and it was easier to find parking.
The inside is rather small but nevertheless, we were a party of four and we had no problem getting seats. There was a steady flow of customers throughout the afternoon.
Macarons~
I only tried the Rose Lychee and Passion Fruit flavoured ones before and didn't buy any to take home with me this time, although it was tempting!
I recommend "Ruelo" (the second one from the left on the bottom row). Very chocolatey and yummy!
For high tea, it was 2 people per tray of food, so it's nice to go in pairs. We got to choose from a selection of tea or coffee (cappuccino, latte, etc.)
I stuck with Earl Grey again... next time I should be more adventurous! ><
Our tea came in these individual steepers(?) I like how the portions are small since I can never finish an entire pot of tea, but the tea itself came out way concentrated.
Our tray of food. The bottom plate had smoked salmon, bruschetta and veggies/cream cheese(?) wrapped in prosciutto--it was all soo delicious! The scones were warm and the raisins in them were squishy.. :D
The top level had yummy crème brûlée (with a perfectly hard caramelized top and cold, creamy inside) and two Yuzu(?) flavour macarons (a little crushed!)
The only downside is that we wouldn't have minded larger portions or second helpings of the bottom level because it was so good! (Well... maybe it was because we were all very hungry after the movie, lol)Next we went to Pacific Mall and near by Taste of Asia was going on for the weekend so the traffic was awful. I went to Taste of Asia last year and it was pretty much the same--lots of people and the horrid stench of stinky tofu wafting through the air, depending on where you walk >__<
We went inside Pmall and browsed around a bit. There's a new store selling items from the Korean cosmetic brand "Holika Holika" that I've never heard of but their packaging theme was all fairy-tale looking and so cute! I was so tempted... maybe next time I will do a little haul, haha. ;)
That's all for this post~ Thanks for a great day Jordan, Mary & Jill! ♥

Wow their food looks really delicious! Those macarons, so many colors!!! I usually stick to Chocolate though hahah! ♥
ReplyDeleteI love looking at all the different colors and flavours they have! Maybe I should eat them instead of just looking next time. ><;
DeleteThis place looks nice...I should check it out sometime with my sister to see how it holds up the Parisian shops :)
ReplyDeleteLol, don't bother, I'm pretty sure it won't meet up to your standards! xD;;
Delete