Thought I'd do a little doll update, mainly on the work-in-progress that is my Soom Phonolus that arrived earlier this year. I ended up including all my other dolls in this post though (except for Louis cause well...he pretty much stayed the same)
The following content may or may not be NSFW... I'm not sure. XD Soom's Mega Gem body is extremely detailed and I'm not quite sure if everyone is comfortable with seeing that. I have to admit, sometimes the realism scares me but at the same time I love it. I'm weird...?
I posted this on my Flickr a while ago, a WIP shot with the black dual-fiber wig from Crobidoll. Sadly it didn't look like how I imagined it at all. I got another wig from Soom, and that didn't 'fit' with the image I had in mind for him either! By the way, his name is Deimos. Don't ask me how to pronounce it cause I'm not too sure myself, but that's his name. He's supposed to be a bad guy with a soft heart, a gangster/yakuza/mobster of sorts who frequents the cake shop where Kaede works part time. Oh... and by the way, all my dolls are not based on OCs or anything... I simply made up that story recently!
Deimos à la top model. *__*
Here he is with his new faceup. I sent his head to faceup artist cooij (same person who painted my Louis) again. She sent him back to me without his eyes I included, but I managed to get some other ones I liked better anyway... ^^;
On a whim, I put him in an old silver wig from Leekeworld and surprisingly it looks okay (but still not his final wig) I was too lazy to style it properly, so it looks like he has bed hair here. ><
Messing around with Kaede (scared stiff... ie. I was too lazy to pose him too) The tie took me forever to do by the way, I had no idea how to tie a tie...much less a miniature one. Also the tan (tawny) resin isn't differently coloured or anything, it's just my wonky lighting and editing. ><
Eventually I want to give Deimos some tattoos and blush his hands/feet. However there's a pretty nasty seam line on one of the hands and I'm not sure what to do with that (maybe cut it off? D: Since tan resin can't be sanded...)
As for the relationship between Deimos and Kaede (since I keep taking photos of them together) I admit I'm a huge BL fangirl... and I got Deimos because I think he complements Kaede nicely, but I'm not sure what their relationship is just yet. It's complicated...(´ε`*)
Mishka is "complete" now since I finished the blushing on his tail part (but you can't see it very well from this angle) and his wig arrived from the nDoll group order I was in (after a six month wait cause the company went MIA...><;;) However I still might switch his wigs now and then because he looks good in all of them. Initially, I took this photo for JointedLove's "Wearable Wednesday" series but decided not to submit it because I didn't think it was creative enough compared to the others I've seen so far. But just for kicks, here's what he's wearing:
Shirt: M3 Studio
Pants (Jeggings lol): CrobidollShoes: TTYA
Wig: nDoll (I don't remember the style number ><;;)
Eyes: Luts (16mm L.G. Forest Green)
Cat Ears: Dollmore (blushing by Dollmore)
Cat Tail: Soom MD Trond/Kivi tail (blushing by me)
Bracelet: a black piece of string I wound around his wrist several times
Faceup: Default by Luts
He also has three non-permanent piercings on his left ear and one on his right ear, done by me. :)
Lastly... the tinies. Haha, saved the best for last? XD Totally making use out of those pointy finger hand parts I got for Yukio! He's a nerd now! And Myles, poor thing. He will be stuck in that lamb/sheep outfit forever. :'D The sheep outfit is from AngelGarden, I got it through an agent from their Taobao store but they now have an Etsy shop as well!
Speaking of Taobao, I made a new tab on this blog with links to more well known bjd shops and some supply stores I've bought from. I actually placed another order on Taobao recently so I will do a haul video/post probably when I receive it! Because I'm waiting on a supply order from that haul, I won't be making anything new craft-related for a while.
I think I'm falling into my post-Anime North-mass-production phase where I sit around and do nothing but take photos and play with dolls and write papers all day, lol.
That's it for this post. Thanks for reading! (ノ*゜▽゜*)

I get a feeling you are trying to tempt me with your Taobao links LOL! But omgggg, Deimos is so smexy! Love his model shot! Just too hot!! ♥ (BL all the way!!! XDDD) That skin tone looks really very good in photos! Yukio and Myles are as cute as ever! I like their hand poses and outfits too! Can't decide if I prefer Yukio's blue shirt or Myles's lamb outfit lol! Stop tempting me!
ReplyDeleteMuwahah ;) LOL thank you!! XD I just love his skin tone so much, it's the perfect shade of 'tan' for me! LOL I'M SORRY EVERYTHING IS SO TEMPTING..NOT MY FAULT!!! XD
DeleteThat resin man O__O!!! *faints* It's too much HAHAH!!
ReplyDeleteI actually really like that pic with Kaede scared stiff, I was LOL-ing at it. I still haven't seen your man in person...but I guess no rush? :)
(and omg..I still love Yukio's shirt!!! haha so cute!)
Yes yes THE MAN makes an appearance!! 8D LOLOL Thanks!! Haha you can see him whenever you come over..cuz he ain't leavin the house cuz he's just too damn heavy to bring >___<
DeleteLOL what's with you and that shirt!!
I think Deimos looks great with silver-grey hair! But it's always annoying when one's vision of a doll doesn't look the way one hoped in reality... ÓxÒ
ReplyDeleteThanks, I think it looks much better than the other ones I've tried on him! And yeah I totally agree :( but when I do get their look right, I feel like I've done my job lol xD
Delete