Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Meetup

Yesterday I was invited to a Dollfie Dream meetup hosted by archangeli. It had been cloudy and rainy the past week (due to the hurricane system on the East Coast) but I still wanted to dress up and wear the outfit I got from Taobao. Surprisingly my heeled mary janes held up quite well, and my feet stayed quite dry even though I had to take public transit and walk. I had to struggle with my umbrella + camera bag + doll carrier but thankfully everything stayed relatively dry! It was a Halloween themed meet so there were lots of pumpkins going around!












We met up at Marche for lunch. The place was quite big with many rooms and we got to have a portion of a themed room with a ledge conveniently at the back, so everyone displayed their dolls first. We got quite a number of curious looks from strangers lol ^_^












I haven't attended a large meet in quite a while and I didn't know most of the people who attended, let alone their dolls... there were so many! So I apologize for not being able to list out the names of each doll mold and owner... >__<"

















So pretty!! I love their outfits and their ears :3

















Here was our little resin groupie lol. I brought Yukio and Myles with me because I only had costumes for them. Machiko brought Lareine, her Rosen Lied WS Sage (far left) and Sora,  Yo-SD Kakeru (far right) and Keiko brought her Luts Kid Delf La Sirenita Pine girl (center)! Don't they all look adorable~ Yukio is hogging all the candy while Myles asks for some more having eaten his share ^^  We got to take home the little pumpkin bag filled with treats from archangeli, thank you!












Lareine and Yukio are holding mini Chupa Chups borrowed from archangeli. I used to eat a lot of those as a kid!












Machiko & Keiko got desserts & coffee after lunch. I didn't because I was too full from my lunch (I ordered a salmon crepe and it was really yummy but it was way too much for me to finish on my own unfortunately ;^;)

















I got to sample a bit of their cakes though and this chocolate one was really good! Haha they kept on pushing me to eat more but I couldn't even though it was tasty... >__< I need to expand my stomach orz... After lunch I was originally planning to head over to Machiko's place for some cake and pre-birthday festivities, but we just ended up socializing at Marche until 4pm. Since the place was downtown it'd take me a while to get home for dinner and I didn't want to stay out too late since it was mucky out and all, I decided to part ways and call it day!

















I got home and immediately Kaede stole the candy from the little ones! Guess he was upset with staying at home all the time while the little ones get to go on adventures with me! xD;; I really want to take him out sometime to resin meets, but A) I don't have a carrying case and B) I have no idea when resin meets are scheduled lol... and if they even have organized monthly meets.. o.O ;; Perhaps if I get another large doll I will invest in a big carrying case ^_^"

















Back view of their costumes. I made these last minute since I couldn't decide what they were going to wear to the meet and I wanted them to be in costume. I was browsing the MP randomly for outfits when I saw someone was selling the Volks Bumblebee outfit and it looked pretty simple to make! So I thought Myles would make a good bumblebee since he is blonde and Yukio could be a ladybug. I'm quite proud of how they turned out because I had never made full outfits for them before!! XD (shows how much I love Halloween haha) I hand sewed everything, even the shorts because I gave up using the machine. I had the most fun making the little antennae headbands and I will be doing a tutorial on how to make them soon, so please stay tuned!!:)

Overall it was a fun meet and I hope to attend future ones, since it gives me an opportunity to bust out the lolita gear I'm too lazy to wear out on 'normal' days, and I'm realizing how much fun it is to dress up in frilly clothes. :D

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those costumes are awesome! Love those! You could make and sell those on MP! XDDD

    Yukio and Myles are just too adorable and precious in those outfits! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thanks ^_^ lol I don't think they are sell-able!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you and your dolls had a lot of fun! I'm interested in getting one for a hobby as well and make costumes for them, but I'm afraid I will neglect them over time ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was worried about too, but so far so good. ^^ A good idea would be to just find a doll you really, really like and start with that. :)

      Delete
  3. Yesssss, come to the frilly fluffy side of Lolita. LOL :D
    Sad you couldn't come over for cake :( I have uploaded my pics, but the lighting in the room was a bit weird for my camera. O_o; So I'm not sure if I want to do an extensive post about the meet. @_@;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo >_< Well I hope you had a great birthday/party-don't-stop anyways! I was busy yesterday and forgot to wish you happy birthday on Facebook ><

      Delete