Introducing the newest addition to my doll family--Rin, an InfinitiDoll Joy! I guess he's more or less complete, he just needs a body (borrowing Kaede's for some photos in the mean time). He will eventually be on the InfinitiDoll 60cm boy body sometime in the future... though I have no idea when I'll actually get around to getting the body! >__<" I have a feeling he'll be a floating head for quite some time. D;
Though, now that I think of it, interchanging bodies is not so bad and it saves space. But unfortunately that means Kaede and Rin will never be in the same photo together and I'd be okay with that if only the resin match didn't bother me so much. >< The Crobidoll resin is much more yellow (or rather I think Kaede has yellowed quite a bit, since he was made with non-UV-cut resin, much to my disappointment...and I didn't realize this until Crobidoll announced their switching to UV-cut resin event). The head is also in normal skin, my photos are just very washed-out because of his dark wig. The faceup is custom by Alison (Marison).
Joy is a weird name for a sculpt, because to me this head doesn't look joyful... rather, snarky and mischievous and that's why I like it. However, there are some "flaws" with the sculpt itself. I think the eyes are sculpted too far apart and the eyelids are a bit too thick... making him look bad in full-frontal shots. But that's also why I like it...? xD;;;
The 18mm glass eyes I got off the MP arrived today so that's why all the quick photo spamming. The eyes were a lot bigger than what I expected, maybe a little too big. Not sure what I think about purple, either but it'll do for now. The head surprisingly has a decent range of motion on the Crobi R-Line body... even more than the Jun head it was made for. Rin can look upwards and side ways at nicer angles than Kaede! Could it be because the character I intended for Rin likes to look down on others? Haha.
The name Rin is based on Ao no Exorcist's Rin (much like Yukio, my YoSD) but he's not at all related to the anime character (except for maybe the hair and the attitude?!) and he is not at all related to my YoSD Puff. My dolls are not based on original characters and they're all not related to one another. Thus I'm just making this all up as I go along. Subject to change I guess, but I really like how Rin sounds!
The blue wig is from a seller on Taobao. I just love this color so much, I'd been looking for the perfect shade of dark, midnight blue and this is it. Not sure about the style yet, I think I might have to give his bangs a trim. And also give him some ear piercings maybe.
Rin is a demon or vampire, I haven't decided which... I just really love that little tooth of his. :) He's cold-hearted, cynical and likes to cause a stir. Probably the most similar in style to my Bory, Mishka. So far his image is going well with what I had in mind. Though I have to admit, he's rather unplanned and wasn't a part of my original doll wishlist... Despite that, I really like this sculpt and I hope I will eventually get a body for him!

HAHAHA that's why I always say dolly plans are always shot to hell one way or the other! XD But he turned out really surprisingly well! I love his look and the wig seems to fit him really well! ♥ Mine was a tad too big but urgh, whatever. I wonder when will he eventually get his body! XDDD
ReplyDeleteThanks ^^" The wig actually at first glance looks really small. But the elastic is really stretchy...unfortunately this also makes it hard to put on. ><
DeleteTell me when you get him a body, we need to photo spam pictures of our big boys together ^^
ReplyDeleteSure :)
Delete