Please excuse the bad lighting! ><
Materials
-scissors
-hot glue gun
-thin strips of felt (to make headbands to fit 6-7inch heads, the width of the felt was about 5mm)
-tiny pompoms
-wire (black coated wire would be best but I didn't have any so I painted mine with acrylic paint and coated it with varnish to make sure it would not chip)
1. Cut two pieces of equal length wire, a little longer than your preferred antennae length. Set aside. Then measure around the top of your doll's head from ear to ear. Cut another length of wire double that measurement and bend it in half into a circular shape.
Brief intermission
Waiting for glue gun to warm up.
2. Glue a strip of felt to the wire and fold over the end.
3. Keep gluing and hopefully you will have something like this. Make sure to fold over and glue the other end as well to cover the wire ends.
4. Now take the other strip of felt and glue it on the inside of the headband to cover up the wire.
5. By now you will have a simple adjustable headband.
6. Glue the pompoms to the ends of the two wire pieces then wrap them tightly around the headband and cut off the excess. (I was too lazy to paint the wire so I left it as is ><) But you get the idea! Very easy and simple!
Have fun with this tutorial and enjoy your Halloween! Friends on the East coast, please stay safe and take cover from the hurricane.. >n<
Until next time~

Ooo this is so useful! I was actually wondering how to make headbands lol. Thanks for the tutorial! Gonna try it out someday! >w<
ReplyDelete