Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Books

Or rather... book. My art book arrived today!! *_* It only took a week to ship, and it arrived at the same time as the froggie fabric I got, which was also from Japan, but I'll talk about that later. Book first!


Some weird dent marks were on the back... but the thing itself was fine. This was an impulse buy, btw. I have to stop doing that... >_>


I'm a huge fan of Togainu no Chi, so I just had to get this >u< Despite how it looks, the contents are completely work safe. There is a full review of this art book here, so I will spare you the details. But it looks even more gorgeous in real life *_* I ordered from CDJapan and it was a super smooth transaction; the shipping wasn't too horrible either so I'll most likely be ordering from them again in the future! ;)


A short story near the end...


Shiki holding a radish!! :D

I love art books and would like more of them, but I'm extremely picky about the content. Aside from the Bleach (All Colour But The Black) artbook that my friend Mary got me as a gift, I bought another at FanExpo (2 years ago?)


No NSFW content either, despite how it looks!! >_> This book was friggin expensive... I don't know if you can find this online but on the back the price is listed as 2200 Yen but I paid nearly three times that in CAD. And the dude charged me tax (who charges tax at a con??!) and I was about to walk away but... yeah I caved and got it anyway. What I liked about this book was that it had art from many different artists. Lots of character designs and RPG art(?) I don't play any RPGs but damn... such beautiful works. ;A;


I was cleaning out my shelf the other day and decided to take a pic of my small manga collection (from 2004... 2005?) It's funny cause I'm still missing volume 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist (the store didn't have it so I only bought vol 2) and it looks like it's gonna stay that way. Quite obvious here that I don't really collect manga, these Bleach & FMA ones were the very first ones I got after being hooked on watching anime! I prefer to read online (and also 'cause I lack the shelf space) I really loved Death Note enough to buy... but only up until the part where L died. ><


And something totally random and un-otaku related... I was mulling around the bookstore recently at the mall after my exams and decided to buy Wicked. No, not because it was green... (well maybe) but I just wanted to read some fiction for fun... haven't done so in a longgg time!

No comments:

Post a Comment